joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/17 Messy Mix - Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

i dunno you tell me?

Looking back at the METARs in CT it makes perfect sense, so thats prob right

Haha, good point, you asked.  Is it followed by a number?  If so then it's snow beginning and the minute of the hour it did.  Like SNB38 should be snow beginning at 38 minutes after the hour.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Haha, good point, you asked.  Is it followed by a number?  If so then it's snow beginning and the minute of the hour it did.  Like SNB38 should be snow beginning at 38 minutes after the hour.

yes it does what does the "E" and the number after that mean though? Estimated seconds?

5 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Thank you i appreciate the acknowledgement. Think it was a B/B- for both Ice and Snow. 

I was tempted to go up and seriously considering it but after many mesos started backing down the front end thump and warming mid levels i held off. Interestingly this was my first call as well. Funny it was literally the lowest snowfall forecast out there and it was STILL too high in N 1/3 of CT. I didn't want to shave that 2-4 down though because at least that looked like a reasonable call, even with the trends. 

Yea, nice call in a very difficult situation...you were the only forecaster that I know of, pro or amateur, who fared well.

• Thanks 1