• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
HillsdaleMIWeather

November 8-10 Winter Weather/LES

It was so nice to wake up to the massive silver dollar snowflakes falling. Snow fell for through mid-morning, and after a slushy 0.5" of about 3-1 ratio snow here to kick off the 2018-19 season, it actually turned to rain right along the water (east wind + early November). I am about 0.5 mile from the water, and 5 miles to my west remained all snow I took a drive and saw with my own eyes, not common to see that but at the same time no complaints in early November. DTW had 1.3". It looked like a very scenic snow north and west of the city. Some flurries flying in the cold winter wind right now.

45776562_10110794802336403_5500811125635

45815682_10110794802456163_4131040338615

45760270_10110794802970133_4184860535147

• Like 4

Had some pretty good snow squalls today on my way back north toward home (Galesburg) with decent flake size and some gusty wind. Now we are dealing with the wind, had a wind gust of 37 MPH earlier at the Macomb airport with a wind chill now down to a balmy 4 degrees above zero. Feels like January outside to me....Should struggle toward freezing tomorrow. And to think that most of our snow cover today dissipated due to the warm ground and sunshine...if we had a deeper snowpack we would probably be seeing below zero wind chills areawide.

Haven't been out hardly at all this morning but we really got slammed overnight. Lots of drifting, etc. Almost lost power around 1am with winds gusting 50-60mph.

Here's some pictures I took at the start of the intense portion of the storm. This was around 6pm last night...and it snowed heavily for hours and hours after this. It's actually still snowing now. I will get new pictures around 8 when I go out.

11101.jpg

11012.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Blizzard conditions south of here. 2-3” per hour with 40-50 mph gusts. My coworker got stuck on the thruway coming into work this morning. Just light snow here. 

1608BD3A-10DD-4CC8-AAE1-19B6064B97B0.jpeg

It just doesn’t fail there all that often.  I’m glad this insane thermal profile over the lake didn’t get wasted by the short event and shifty winds. 

3 minutes ago, OHweather said:

It just doesn’t fail there all that often.  I’m glad this insane thermal profile over the lake didn’t get wasted by the short event and shifty winds. 

Yeah another 10-15 miles southeast of my location is usually the jackpot zone in Erie county, but the Chautauqua Ridge is definitely the best spot. 

• Like 1