Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November discussion

weathafella

39 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It’s a consistent feature... eventually you’d think it will move closer. The old delayed but not denied.

Personally, I’d rather it just happen now, when our climo is still pretty rough for snow.

Worst case is it finally sets in mid to late December and you’re cooked during real winter months.

Who knows.

In my opinion every day it’s delayed reduces its likelihood or at least strength and duration.  We’ve seen this time and again when looking down the tunnel during a warm pattern seeing cold on the far horizon never getting closer.

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 12:29 PM, Ginx snewx said:

Voodoo, Guess the date 3 Pac NW storms in a row then boom here

Screenshot_20181123-122615_EBookDroid.jpg

Screenshot_20181123-122648_EBookDroid.jpg

Vodoo?...it's hardly voodoo. Usually, not all of the time, but usually a storm track into the pacific NW or a storm track into other parts of the west coast means a zonal flow, semi zonal flow and/or a trough in the west. 

42 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Vodoo?...it's hardly voodoo. Usually, not all of the time, but usually a storm track into the pacific NW or a storm track into other parts of the west coast means a zonal flow, semi zonal flow and/or a trough in the west. 

Guess you haven't heard about the LA connection,  ask Jerry

4 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Guess you haven't heard about the LA connection,  ask Jerry

Yup.  Rain today and snow for us Friday.   That’s obviously an example for mid winter.  Pacific NW storms often drop down the continental divide and cook up for our fun.

77-78 had a trough along the west coast during the snowiest part of our winter.  Rain was epic in LA where I was.

49 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Yup.  Rain today and snow for us Friday.   That’s obviously an example for mid winter.  Pacific NW storms often drop down the continental divide and cook up for our fun.

77-78 had a trough along the west coast during the snowiest part of our winter.  Rain was epic in LA where I was.

Found this graphic on a NWS GYX employees Twitter,  so much for winters of yore being belly to belly

IMG_20181127_123045.jpg

On 11/6/2018 at 8:17 AM, CoastalWx said:

Weeklies still want to flip the script and chinook us later this month. I think late November into December should be a time of moderation for at least a couple of weeks. We shall see.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

We’ll remember this with winter moths and windows open on Christmas.

Investing in weeklies to any degree is bad for your prognostication health.  :)