joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Insane 

Erie, PA - From GoErie.com at 1:59pm today (12/30) 
Another snowstorm pounded northern Erie County late Friday night and Saturday, dumping more than 16 inches of new snow at Erie International Airport as of 1 p.m. Saturday. A total of 82.3 inches has fallen since Christmas Eve and 119.3 inches since Dec. 1, according to the National Weather Service.

24 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

You know what’s rant worthy? Driving from Virginia, to the cabin you purchased (because of snow) only to get a couple inches while your nearest neighbor nearly breaks some kinda North American record. Bahahaha 

One correction.. we rent the cabin.. use to own it and sold it 6 years ago to a nice family that lets us use it at Christmas.. But yes still rant worthy!!  LOL

About 3" new here in the last 24 hours.  Just enough to refresh the whopping 6" snow pack IMBY.  I chased the snow south today.  Snow depth is really impressive along the 219 as soon as you hit Orchard Park.  Heading south from there, it's an absolute arctic wonderland.  I hit a wall of snow heading south in Hamburg (10AM), and it continued to my usual stopping point at Erie County Forest in East Concord/Sardinia. Snow let up for about an hour during my hike, but was cranking again by the time I left around 1PM. Here are a few photos of the days fun....1st is on the 219 near the Colden Exit - as the sun tried to make a quick appearance while snow was ripping just down the road. Other 2 from ECF.

IMG_0689 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0693 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0698 (Medium).JPG

Archived