• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Richmond Metro/Hampton Roads Discussion

RIC Airport

I’ve been sending this to my different  Richmond area workplaces- we have multiple locations all over RVA. And think I know you guys well enough now to share so I would like your thoughts if you care to give them LOL. I sent this out this morning at 6 AM.

This is a special weather bulletin:

What: Snow will most likely be blanketing our region again THIS Saturday night (tomorrow night) into Sunday morning. 2-4” of snow is expected at this time. 

When: Precip will begin sometime between 7 PM n 10 PM Saturday evening most likely as light rain n will transition fairly quickly to snow. Temps will be above freezing to start and really won’t fall below freezing, but could settle in right around 32° during the heaviest of the snow overnight Saturday into Sunday. For us it could be very similar to last Sunday morning-however the storm is not as large.

The relatively moderate temperatures will help with roads, but the fact that it will be dark when the heaviest snow is falling will hurt with roads.

Sorry this is so late -the snow chance pretty much disappeared as a possibility this past Monday and really didn’t start showing up again on the models until yesterday.   Plus with the day job I’ve been behind watching Criminal Minds. Lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wasnow215 said:

I’ve been sending this to my different  Richmond area workplaces- we have multiple locations all over RVA. And think I know you guys well enough now to share so I would like your thoughts if you care to give them LOL. I sent this out this morning at 6 AM.

This is a special weather bulletin:

What: Snow will most likely be blanketing our region again THIS Saturday night (tomorrow night) into Sunday morning. 2-4” of snow is expected at this time. 

When: Precip will begin sometime between 7 PM n 10 PM Saturday evening most likely as light rain n will transition fairly quickly to snow. Temps will be above freezing to start and really won’t fall below freezing, but could settle in right around 32° during the heaviest of the snow overnight Saturday into Sunday. For us it could be very similar to last Sunday morning-however the storm is not as large.

The relatively moderate temperatures will help with roads, but the fact that it will be dark when the heaviest snow is falling will hurt with roads.

Sorry this is so late -the snow chance pretty much disappeared as a possibility this past Monday and really didn’t start showing up again on the models until yesterday.   Plus with the day job I’ve been behind watching Criminal Minds. Lol

Good write up. 2-4 seems like a good range right now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RVASnowLover said:

Good write up. 2-4 seems like a good range right now. 

Thanks man! Much respect for you so I appreciate it! For last Sunday I told the region that the snow should change to a mix or rain by 11 AM and then taper off rather quickly, and I was getting nervous around 9am. But sure enough it came through haha.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Shadowzone said:

I also shared an edited version of the "wasnow215" blurb with leaders of Chesterfield Schools.

Don’t waste your time sending it to Henrico, they won’t care to give anyone a snow day. Everyone is still upset from last time.

@wasnow215, I like the writeup! Amounts sound  realistic, and overall it’s very professional sounding to read!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Rhino16 said:

Don’t waste your time sending it to Henrico, they won’t care to give anyone a snow day. Everyone is still upset from last time.

@wasnow215, I like the writeup! Amounts sound  realistic, and overall it’s very professional sounding to read!

I used to work there - they did screw up this past Monday.  If we close Monday in Chesterfield, there WILL be virtual school this time.

Winter Storm Watch now in place.

16 minutes ago, Shadowzone said:

I used to work there - they did screw up this past Monday.  If we close Monday in Chesterfield, there WILL be virtual school this time.

They got ripped a new one on instagram by all the students. They then say “Well if it happened on a monday, we’d give you a snowday.”

And then that sunday after the snow had fallen, they posted roughly saying: “Snow days will still be a thing if conditions allow for it. We also think the joy of a snow day is important blah blah blah”