• Member Statistics

    15,888
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Binworkin
    Newest Member
    Binworkin
    Joined
JoMo

MO/KS/AR/OK 2019-2020 Winter Wonderland Discussion

Recommended Posts

This rather intense sleet band is going to be fun here in Tulsa. I’ll take whatever we can get these days. 

 

Edit: it’s marginal freezing rain. Lol. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rain moved thru Tulsa to the west in Creek Co bridges iced up very slick. Precipitation ended in west Tulsa for now showing 30 on the dash. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the local Mets here in Tulsa seems pretty unconvinced that we could get in on anything but rain tomorrow. Models definitely seem to suggest otherwise though. Latest gfs dumps an unholy amount of freezing rain and sleet on Tulsa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Weatherdemon said:

TPD and EMSA reporting wrecks everywhere.

IDL is bad, 71st St bridge is bad. Saw a Ch 8 chaser say he’s hearing of a 40 car pile up near the 51st exit on I44 in W Tulsa

Wow really? Do you have any link

or way to look into that pile up more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, StormChazer said:

Wow really? Do you have any link

or way to look into that pile up more?

It was 19 and just a Tweet. Guy is pretty good about sticking to facts though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the news say the City of Tulsa officials commenting that they weren't prepared for the storm! They said they didn't even start sand and salting the roads till after 7:30pm!:facepalm: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ouamber said:

Just watched the news say the City of Tulsa officials commenting that they weren't prepared for the storm! They said they didn't even start sand and salting the roads till after 7:30pm!:facepalm: 

 

Heard that... SMH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are racing an indoor racing event at the Expo center this weekend. I am getting reports from people on my FB page that Tulsa roads are crazy bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, very unprepared, but after the bust in December, I think all the Mets were trying to play it extremely safe. I’m very concerned about tomorrow. HRRR and meny other models are kicking out a ton of sleet and freezing rain on Tulsa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yikes! Not that I want to see Tulsa get a bunch of sleet and/or freezing rain. But I would like to see the models being accurate. I'll be monitoring all of this from work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Crazy what a lil freezing rain can do! Drizzly here, still at 35.

33 here all evening.   NWS Tulsa trying to stay up with this system I guess for NW Arkansas.   Went from a 20 % chance of rain tomorrow night from their afternoon package to now a 70% chance of ice and snow tomorrow night.  All models putting out some good bands of Qpf in this area tomorrow night.  I'm just taking the wait and see approach with this one. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, MoWeatherguy said:

33 here all evening.   NWS Tulsa trying to stay up with this system I guess for NW Arkansas.   Went from a 20 % chance of rain tomorrow night from their afternoon package to now a 70% chance of ice and snow tomorrow night.  All models putting out some good bands of Qpf in this area tomorrow night.  I'm just taking the wait and see approach with this one. 

Yea I noticed that also, temps are marginal though. I am curious to see what happens tomorrow night also, but well...lol we will see right. We have to cash in sooner or later man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has OKC ever received 6”+ snow when Tulsa got zilch? I know OKC may not get over 6” tomorrow, but it’s weird to see some modes forecasting that and giving Tulsa little to nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the video from the 21 car pile up in Tulsa! Absolutely insane!! That I-244/I-44 fork split is always dangerous...even when it's dry!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ouamber said:

Here is the video from the 21 car pile up in Tulsa! Absolutely insane!! That I-244/I-44 fork split is always dangerous...even when it's dry!

 

 

Thanks for sharing that.

 

New Euro is coming in, and continues the trend since last night. It now encapsulates Tulsa in the snow zone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.