Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 13 - 15 Major Winter Storm Potential

NEG NAO

Just now, KeithB said:

Yes. Go for it! I took a chance 2 weeks ago and drove up to North Conway Nh, and Fryeburg Maine for the 2 big storms. Had the time of my life, and I'll never forget it!

Went to the cape earlier in the season for the blizzard up there.. was awesome... just make sure it's a lock.. don't wanna drive up to watch virga lol

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Paragon said:

Wow, how much snow did you see up there?

I saw over 48 inches on the ground in the Fryeburg Maine area!. People were on their roofs shoveling the snow off! I have never seen anything like it!! Driving around was amazing!

5 minutes ago, Paragon said:

Thanks RJ- those west leaning members are concerning, but we shall see I guess.

True. But it is a shift east from 18z. The furthest west members at 18z were into NJ and PA. 0z is east and a little more consolidated. 

Just now, KeithB said:

I saw over 48 inches on the ground in the Fryeburg Maine area!. People were on their roofs shoveling the snow off! I have never seen anything like it!! Driving around was amazing!

Wow the drifts must have been insane too!  They get great coastals up there.

1 minute ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Went to the cape earlier in the season for the blizzard up there.. was awesome... just make sure it's a lock.. don't wanna drive up to watch virga lol

haha. Yes. But Ive realized that travelling for the snow is well worth it! See an area that's new sometimes, and hunker down for the excitement/ stick around a day for the aftermath!

2 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

lmao that would suck.  I would hightail it back east on I-80 and get back here in 3 hours but be very cranky and tired lol.

1 minute ago, tdp146 said:

True. But it is a shift east from 18z. The furthest west members at 18z were into NJ and PA. 0z is east and a little more consolidated. 

Oh wow, so the first panel that RJ showed is actually a shift east from the 18z GEFS?

1 minute ago, Paragon said:

Wow the drifts must have been insane too!  They get great coastals up there.

Yea. If I knew how to post a picture from my phone onto here, I'd show you some...lol. Yes..the drifts were insane! One of the coolest things Ive ever seen!

Just now, KeithB said:

Yea. If I knew how to post a picture from my phone onto here, I'd show you some...lol. Yes..the drifts were insane! One of the coolest things Ive ever seen!

It sounds like some pictures I saw where the snow is piled high like mountains with highways plowed in between them- I've never seen anything like that in person.

2 minutes ago, Paragon said:

It sounds like some pictures I saw where the snow is piled high like mountains with highways plowed in between them- I've never seen anything like that in person.

Ha...Yes. The Yuki-No-Otani pics are hard to even believe.

3 minutes ago, tdp146 said:

This is the 18z at the same time frame as the second panel RJ posted 

image.thumb.png.4e6b6af00939ea8332d600db4285707e.png

Yeah that one has 6 members in PA, while the more recent one was down to 4.  Hey do you have the panel before this (hour 96) from the 18z run?

2 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Is pbp needed/wanted? I have no issue doing it, but if people don't want it, I'll post about it after 

1 minute ago, swamplover56 said:

Pbp would be greatly appreciated. Every other model you can find but euro without pay maps is hard

You got that right. Those 24 hr panels are very hard to decipher.

2 minutes ago, Paragon said:

be careful with that stuff, sleep meds can have some astounding side effects

Mainly sleep lol.  Dog kept me up all last night and I know the next 2 nights will be tough with daily savings a ultra late euro runs.  

Edit i can't type on this stuff

Archived