Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February banter thread

Eskimo Joe

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

But I did exactly what you are asking for? I made a comment in the LR thread TWO days ago asking people to dial back the nonsense posts. My reply yesterday was reaffirming that I had offered my opinion on it already and you were unnecessarily rude to me. 

So, I guess I am just confused at this point. You don't want rudeness, yet you were rude. You want either direct messaging or a mod to put all on notice, which I did, and yet I was still subjected to you telling me how awful I am. I give up at this point. Maybe someone else can act how you want them to. 

I feel like your shtick is to indirectly tell ppl their posts suck then when they react to it, they're a bad person.  I didn't see your post.  You didn't ask me if I saw your post.  I'm pretty good on here.  The only other time I've been warned was making an honest comment in the Carolina sub forum regarding a snow storm which I accurately predicted would bust.  Whatever, that one wasn't a big deal as I prob shouldn't have posted there.  I ate it and moved on but over the years I've seen this bully type of mentality.  It's gotten better but it's still there at times.  That's all I have to say on the matter.  We just don't see eye to eye on this.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, H2O said:

If there is one thing, other than my passive rudeness, that I hope people learn about me is that I am a smart ass and try to be funny.  Its hard to always do that with all the moderating that goes on here 24/7 but i try to bring levity to most everything.  sometimes it goes over like a fart in church or this winter and fails.

You are funny and I have lol'd at some of your posts like i have with Ji's.  I haven't seen you be rude so my posts weren't really directed at you.

Just now, 87storms said:

I feel like your shtick is to indirectly tell ppl their posts suck then when they react to it, they're a bad person.  I didn't see your post.  You didn't ask me if I saw your post.  I'm pretty good on here.  The only other time I've been warned was making an honest comment in the Carolina sub forum regarding a snow storm which I accurately predicted would bust.  Whatever, that one wasn't a big deal as I prob shouldn't have posted there.  I ate it and moved on but over the years I've seen this bully type of mentality.  It's gotten better but it's still there at times.  That's all I have to say on the matter.  We just don't see eye to eye on this.

OK. I'm convinced at this point you have me mixed up with someone else, I call people out directly all the time. 

Either way -- whatever. Thank you for your rudeness, take care. 

4 minutes ago, 87storms said:

You are funny and I have lol'd at some of your posts like i have with Ji's.  I haven't seen you be rude so my posts weren't really directed at you.

well mappy is my friend and I happen to agree with her on how things can get out of hand in the disco thread from time to time.  She took point on it last time and tried to make the gentle nudge instead of being more blunt.  You saw that as being rude.  That's a matter of interpretation.  She(we, me) and others try to lay off most stuff and when we read unhappiness with some of our good posters we try to respond to that by making reminders to all.  

i think it is safe to say you won't agree with how things are always handled so not sure what else I can say.  I don't think she did anything wrong here so we will probably disagree on this.  

So, to recap.

87storms - I didn't call you out by name. I dropped some frustration into banter over something you put in long range. You have now flipped out and created some sort of weird battle royale with some good people here who try to keep things generally on track.

So, my apologies, next time I will call you out directly rather than trying to soft-pedal the criticism. The last thing the long range thread needed was ANOTHER "it's not gonna snow" post as a stand alone at that point. That's what banter is for, or the panic thread. So, to sum up, sorry I wasn't more direct. Next time I will be. But for godssake, stop attacking map and h20 and whoever over the issue.

2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

So, to recap.

87storms - I didn't call you out by name. I dropped some frustration into banter over something you put in long range. You have now flipped out and created some sort of weird battle royale with some good people here who try to keep things generally on track.

So, my apologies, next time I will call you directly rather than trying to soft-pedal the criticism. The last thing the long range thread needed was ANOTHER "it's not gonna snow" post as a stand alone at that point. That's what banter is for, or the panic thread. So, to sum up, sorry I wasn't more direct. Next time I will be. But for godssake, stop attacking map and h20 and whoever over the issue.

That's good. Thanks

1 minute ago, North Balti Zen said:

I mean, banter is a pretty great place for that kind of frustrated ob. Leesburg/wherever in VA he is now from has been pretty funny in here for a few weeks with "February gone" "February back" posts, which makes the observation that the models are indeed all over the place.

In any event, such is life.

that's good. thanks. jerk. can't you deal with ****ty posters better. :wub: 

6 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

So, to recap.

So, my apologies, next time I will call you out directly rather than trying to soft-pedal the criticism. The last thing the long range thread needed was ANOTHER "it's not gonna snow" post as a stand alone at that point. That's what banter is for, or the panic thread. So, to sum up, sorry I wasn't more direct. Next time I will be. But for godssake, stop attacking map and h20 and whoever over the issue.

appreciate the support but i'm still a pretty terrible poster.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived