Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southern System 1/5-1/8 2017 OBS

John1122

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Blue Ridge said:

Bottomed out at 9.7 around midnight. Sky is now overcast and temperature has rebounded to a balmy 12.9. Noticed Wise, VA (KLNP) has reported light snow in the past hour. 

That's awesome.Gotta love the Valley where you have lift and more or less bowls(that's us)Trying to get my wife to move to Maryville(she goes back and forth to the hospital) because of snow but at the same time i think to myself,what am i thinking of,i like severe weather.She wont listen to me so it's all good..lol

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, flash43 said:

Long time lurker, but figured I'd jump in since I hear you guys need more middle Tennessee posters.

Took this measurement around 12:30 pm on Friday at my home off Bucker Rd. on the Spring Hill/Thompson Station line. I grew up off Concord Rd. in Brentwood and my folks said they had a little under 1.5". Either way, it was great to have an overachieving + perfectly timed snow event in time for our one-year old's planned Narnia themed birthday on Saturday.

That's awesome, Flash!  Glad you got a nice little surprise.  Modeling began showing that streak of moisture a couple of days before and it moved north on modeling over time, even from 24 hours out.  Awesome to have a new poster. Don't be a stranger down that way.  I grew up in Gallatin, left in 1992 to go to college at ETSU (met wife, had kids, never left).  Still get that way often to visit friends/family all over the mid-state.

6 hours ago, flash43 said:

Long time lurker, but figured I'd jump in since I hear you guys need more middle Tennessee posters.

Took this measurement around 12:30 pm on Friday at my home off Bucker Rd. on the Spring Hill/Thompson Station line. I grew up off Concord Rd. in Brentwood and my folks said they had a little under 1.5". Either way, it was great to have an overachieving + perfectly timed snow event in time for our one-year old's planned Narnia themed birthday on Saturday.

FullSizeRender45.jpg

Welcome to the board.It was actually nice to have snow stick around for a couple days though and not melt like usual here.

Archived