joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley First Half 2017

xram

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, JerseyWx said:

Oh alright.  I would have needed a big sweatshirt :P

It's pretty amazing what the human body can acclimate to.  Moving around the house getting ready for work I was fine, didn't even realized it was that cool down there.  When I popped back upstairs for something the 62 up there felt warm.

1 hour ago, gravitylover said:

What a gross morning :( Up until the last few minutes it's been pea soup fog and drizzle.  Everything is sooo soggy.  At least now it's just super humid and overcast...

The fog here was gone not long after dawn and I've had a mix of sun and clouds. It's soupy here though, especially when the breeze does down. 

2 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

I still haven't seen much of anything in Goshen, nor at home it would appear but the radar looks better now IMBY

About 3" has fallen in the last hour imby. Cant remember the last time I've seen this much in such a short period. Most of the action has been along and N of 84

We keep getting popcorn heavy showers for 5-10 minutes at a time.  When it comes down it comes down super hard then moves through.  I saw some significant rotation in one of the cells with some pretty cool vertical motion too.  Some of the storms have been heavy enough to wash lots of debris into the roads, sometimes rocks as big as 4" across!  I have a feeling the trails I usually ride are going to look very different next time I'm able to get out on them.  If we're lucky a bunch of the gypsy and tent moth caterpillars were washed off the trees and drowned :huh:  They're making an awful mess of the forest right now.

Just now, snywx said:

Wow.. Huge difference from here. Just under 4" here.

From the radar estimates it looks to have been a 3-5 mile band of 3-4" of rain running W-E along and just N of 84. 

Yeah, the airport got more than me too, just a couple miles or so to my north. I'll take it though, a good soak and no clean up or washed out driveway 

Archived