• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: Fall into Winter!

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

There is going to be some thundersnow in that band tomorrow. If you could go get inside it!

Class tomorrow prevents me from going in the afternoon, although a few of us may head out towards Pulaski near around 7ish depending on the actual setup. Still not convinced this band doesn't center near/south of Pulaski tomorrow evening. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

I think this event will have a few surprises up its sleeve, no doubt in my mind!  One thing I do know is KROC could very well be in the cross hairs again if this band gets some help from GB!  Im off tomorrow so I track all day starting from 09Z this morning.

Models do seem to show best snow rochester west. Thinkin a 6 hour period from 12 to 6 am for a few inches then disruption from front coming through and mixing from daylight. Then from 3 or 4pm friday overnight to sat is another good period for rochester. Models starting to show a gb connection

One big change I do see wrt the models and that is the movement of the system responsible for this Arctic Outbreak as well as oir LES event.  This system was supposed to move due East the last couple days right into Quebec, but instead its headed for James Bay, lol, but I may be mistaken.

10 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

That band is thin and strong. If it can get its act together in next few hours we may have a good chance here of some good stuff. Ground is covered already.

http://climate.cod.edu/data/nexrad/animations/codnexlab.NEXRAD.BUF.N0Q.20161208.625.024ani.gif

Your gonna get pounded.  just looked at some new data and totals SE of Lake Ontario have dropped once again. KSYR will be hard pressed to get to 3". what a shame as we were on pace to rival some of the great snow Winters of old! Nothing ever works out as planned with the weather that's why its so intriguing to me and so many others.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Very heavy graupel/snow right now. Definitely some convective nature to this band. Wouldn't be surprised to see some lightning soon.

Considering the returns on radar, it's only a matter of time before you catch some thunder and lightning. Hopefully the band sticks around for a while

This event is a joke, which seems to be the way this season is going here on the Niagara Frontier. Radar looks anemic and the band is already south of the Southtowns. What's the grand total in Hamburg, 1.5"? They might as well drop the warnings at this point. 

Meanwhile with a shorter fetch,KART is getting crushed right now with a very healthy looking band. 

Well congrats to to those who cash in on this one (looks to be the TUG of Ontario for the most part.) I guess this winter is just another payback year for the two great winters of 13-14 and 14-15. 

Right in the middle of the Lake Erie band in Collins and the snow is not impressive at all even under the heaviest dbz. I don't even think I could call what's falling moderate snow. Only a coating on the grass too...

Pretty good returns right near Dunkirk but the cam shows minimal snow.
64ac3bf9cf372f5d5810ef5764e3f345.png

Also looks like a new band is trying to setup and head back into central Erie.
197b5d857327ca8f459efe977c394b6a.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New totals from BUF. Huge drops in accumulations from this morning!

9:00pm
ca1a30cf277fa00b785cc8405caf12e7.png&key=e7df412ca8da561acedf6397f3a2069c8839333287358809b6f17229bb7af54a

6:00am
aee862711b87805671a0db72244f0c34.png&key=0bcc518ab7ef19085dcf9c7f53b72344066a4e8fcf690997589f340086a8641c

So Eden goes from 18-24 yesterday down to 4-6 last night. Now this morning they go back up to 8-12.
e6e575ba0931425c9038bfa6f6d353f7.png

I know it's early but not looking good thus far to verify...
6822818257bb268a90a747b93685af91.png

The Erie band is proving to be a forecast headache.

Careful anyone out there chasing today...

Special Weather Statement
National Weather Service Buffalo NY
1203 PM EST THU DEC 8 2016

NYZ012-019-020-085-081800-
Southern Erie-Cattaraugus-Chautauqua-Wyoming-
1203 PM EST THU DEC 8 2016

...A BAND OF HEAVY LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL CONTINUE TO AFFECT SOUTHERN
ERIE...NORTHERN CATTARAUGUS...CENTRAL WYOMING AND CHAUTAUQUA
COUNTIES...

At 1155 AM EST, A band of heavy lake effect snow producing snowfall
rates of at least 2 inches per hour extended inland from Lake Erie
with Hamburg to Warsaw on the northern end and Sherman to Arcade on