joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2016

snywx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably the "cruelest" storm I have ever experienced. I thought last year with Nemo was bad. I would have been happy with even 2 inches, just to cover the grass. Can barely get a dusting while places just an hour away are cashing in. I simply cannot believe it. Congrats to those cashing in. I am happy for you. What gets me is that this was such a squandered opportunity for us up here, not knowing at all what the rest of the winter will bring. This could have been it this winter and we get nothing for it. Given an El Nino year and how close this storm is to the coast, I am simply in disbelief.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I actually feel a little better in this one knowing I missed the good stuff by a good 50 miles...I remember in a couple storms in 09-10 the front edge of the precip made it to my door and it snowed for about 20 minutes, left a dusting, then retreated southeast. This after tracking the storm for 2 weeks from about 348 hours out on the GFS.

I actually feel a little better in this one knowing I missed the good stuff by a good 50 miles...I remember in a couple storms in 09-10 the front edge of the precip made it to my door and it snowed for about 20 minutes, left a dusting, then retreated southeast. This after tracking the storm for 2 weeks from about 348 hours out on the GFS.

Thats why it hurts a little.. I literally missed 2 feet by about 10-15 miles. 

Im sure Pine Island/Westtown/Unionville/Warwick are either at the foot mark or close to it. half of those towns are in my school district lol fml

Thats why it hurts a little.. I literally missed 2 feet by about 10-15 miles.

Im sure Pine Island/Westtown/Unionville/Warwick are either at the foot mark or close to it. half of those towns are in my school district lol fml

My advice to you my friend on your birthday weekend is to begin drinking. I follow my own advice, as should you. Happy Birthday.

Heard Warwick has 14-15". Heard The Harriman, highland mills, Monroe area has ~12"... They almost ALWAYS cash in. Look at past large tri state storms and they're almost always at the top. Must have orographic advantage They're in a great area higher in elevation and closer to the coast

My mom just called me and reported 12" in Highland Mills. That area is tucked in well in the Hudson Highlands. Snow magnet. Highland Mills benefits especially since a good chunk of it sits on the E slopes of Schnemunk Mtn ( 1700') which I believe is the highest point in NYS south of the Catskills.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived