joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh, PA Thread: Winter 2015-2016

meatwad

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well looking at the NAM. The clipper looks like 1-2 with one being more likely. The shortwaves are all over the place next weekend. Someone just tells me we get screwed. Whats our least snowiest winter because even with a ripe pattern it doesnt want to snow.

Well looking at the NAM. The clipper looks like 1-2 with one being more likely. The shortwaves are all over the place next weekend. Someone just tells me we get screwed. Whats our least snowiest winter because even with a ripe pattern it doesnt want to snow.

Winter 1918-1919, 8.8"

Found this on southeast thread.  This looks promising for weekend.  EUR Para model.  Looks like WPa has focus of heavier snow

a0a861e28c06c82a799a55ced02eff67.jpg

That's not showing accumulated snowfall, its an upper air, 500 vort I believe although I'm not familiar with SV maps.  That being said I have saw other posters with access to the para Euro saying it was better looking for snow than other models.

GFS isn't looking very promising if you're looking for big snow.  Not even any fantasy storms.  We get hit with a clipper or two, but the bigger storms are lake cutters.  

The storm this weekend looks almost like a repeat of this Sunday on the GFS. Probably not worth even discussing in much detail until about Wednesday. Maybe we can get that trough to stay a bit more positively tilted until it makes it further east.

The storm this weekend looks almost like a repeat of this Sunday on the GFS. Probably not worth even discussing in much detail until about Wednesday. Maybe we can get that trough to stay a bit more positively tilted until it makes it further east.

The models suck and this winter sucks. Hopefully once this clipper rolls through we can get some better solutions. It seems that the pacific jet is just murdering our chances of snow.

Keep in mind that the weekend storm will change after this clipper goes by. One thing I noticed on the 12Z GFS is that the weekend storm is trending farther east. We may start as rain but we will have to watch things closely especially with a storm on the coast.

Archived