joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Joaquin 2015

Solak

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just hoping it is way too extreme as usual when it comes to rain and snow totals.

Unfortunately, unless things dramatically change, the ULL/cutoff is going to dump on someone.   If Joaquin get's absorbed in, which the Euro doesn't do, then we would have to talk something really bad.

It might be 20" of rain across central NC this run, LOL.

Unfortunately, unless things dramatically change, the ULL/cutoff is going to dump on someone.   If Joaquin get's absorbed in, which the Euro doesn't do, then we would have to talk something really bad.

It might be 20" of rain across central NC this run, LOL.

So the rain it is showing is not from Joaquin at all? Or is it from Joaquin but just not showing it coming on shore in NC?

^ Great googly moogly.  Thanks man.  I wonder how many hundreds of miles that will shift between now and game time.  Probably many.

LOL...well these type storms the past few years have always ended up between the MA/NE, no reason to thing that won't continue.  In this case I don't really care, would rather it not rain hard for 5 straight days.  The CMC/NAVGEM drive a consolidated low up into the MA, so that takes the heaviest rains north of us.  We shall see.

LOL...well these type storms the past few years have always ended up between the MA/NE, no reason to thing that won't continue.  In this case I don't really care, would rather it not rain hard for 5 straight days.  The CMC/NAVGEM drive a consolidated low up into the MA, so that takes the heaviest rains north of us.  We shall see.

If the CMC and NAVGEM lead the way with this, oh man.

Looks like he is really starting to look better this afternoon. He might just be a cane close to the bahama islands. There was a similar push of moisture up over eastern NC as Floyd approached the coast. The day before he hit we had an inland trough over us and over 6 inches of rain.

Pretty big jump on the Euro ENS from 0z to 12z, the block is stronger and thus everything is further south and thus QPF max is over C/E NC and VA.   Very similar to the Op run.  

Thats very telling imo. Already getting flooding in our coastal areas. So the table is set for some big time flood damage if these model trends are to be beleived. Euro ens suporting its Op inside 96 hours is always a big heads up for me. Several places in Southport where closed today due to flooding. Sure there is alot more going on with tides e.t.c for the communities on the inner sounds

Archived