joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WxChallenge 2015-16

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

84/45/21/0

Didn't take any big risks, but do feel the winds will be a bit on the higher side later in the day. Again, lowest confidence may be the low temperature, but as long as winds remain fairly light, mid-40s seem like a reasonable call.

84/45/21/0

Didn't take any big risks, but do feel the winds will be a bit on the higher side later in the day. Again, lowest confidence may be the low temperature, but as long as winds remain fairly light, mid-40s seem like a reasonable call.

Congrats on the perfect forecast today!  :guitar:

84/47/23/0.00"

Honestly probably should've gone 85 tomorrow but didn't fully believe in it. I think they still manage some weird intra-hour drop at some point tonight with generally light winds. Pretty confident it'll get <50F, but how far we drop is a mystery. There's 20-25kt winds they'll be mixing down, and with westerly winds they seem to "overperform" on the wind category. 

Overall today wasn't bad, but still not great. Made up a little ground on consensus but not much. 

Congrats on the perfect forecast today!  :guitar:

I needed it after bombing the low this morning.

By the way, winds are already starting to crank, 17kts at the top of the hour. I could make up some ground there, although a really high wind would really give a nice boost to some of y'all.

I needed it after bombing the low this morning.

By the way, winds are already starting to crank, 17kts at the top of the hour. I could make up some ground there, although a really high wind would really give a nice boost to some of y'all.

84 for the high, tying a record, and 23 knots with the wind. (that may tickle up another knot or two, but we'll see)

81/47/15

Took a jump on high winds after seeing the 00z hourly spike to 20 knots. Probably a bit of a gamble, but figure it's usually better to go high on winds than low. I am iffy yet again for the low temperature, the setup is fairly similar to last night, but this location can tumble quick if conditions are just right. I leaned on the cool side, but not far from the consensus. (The low was my biggest opportunity today)

82/49/12/0.00

I was doing well up until day 3, and then the intra-hour drops on the low dropped me down quite a bit. Being that consensus is limited to the top 30 right now, catching up is going to be tough. Could see the low tonight go either way. With such low winds, it'd be unsurprising to see it dip down, at least for a little bit. Winds are a tossup too, depending on whether they die out before or after 06z.

Just dropped 9F this hour to 45. Lol.

I'm almost certain they probably dropped lower too. Most of their lows seem to be at 6:30 their time so I wouldn't be surprised with a 43/44. Credit to the USL I suppose. 

With the winds being high, I could actually get ahead of consensus today if the high is 80F or lower. We'll see. 

Really hoping Portland wins on this city 10 voting. It's my last year doing this and I'd really like to have a city I'm actually familiar with for once. They really don't seem to like the Pac NW much in this competition. Don't understand why Fort Wayne, IN is so popular, either...

Really hoping Portland wins on this city 10 voting. It's my last year doing this and I'd really like to have a city I'm actually familiar with for once. They really don't seem to like the Pac NW much in this competition. Don't understand why Fort Wayne, IN is so popular, either...

Agreed...just threw in my vote for Portland. It seems there are never any PNW cities except for Seattle. 

Well, that whole "no Pac NW" argument is why I just gave Portland 69-68 lead at the time of this post. 

However, there are a lot of meteorology schools in that area of country so maybe that's why Indiana is so popular?

Just dropped 9F this hour to 45. Lol.

:axe:

Surprised I didn't drop more from that. A 1 point error forecast yesterday moved me back up into the top 25, and unless the high manages to hit 82, I'll only drop 18 or so places. I figured this city would be boring, but these lows are a roller coaster.

Archived