joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 23rd Enhanced Risk

mappy

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did a windshield damage survey of NW Montgomery County today...barn roof partially tore off and silot destroyed near Barnesville.  Several large, healthy hardwood trees completely uprooted in Poolesville and upper Germantown which struck houses or flattened cars.  I estimated winds were 65 - 70 mph.  The damage was in scattered, but intense pockets.

Drove up to my dad's townhouse in Germantown, and right away I noticed roof damage to several of the homes. Some of the small trees planted alongside the road sustained damage as well.

There's a grove of large trees between the Montgomery College campus and the Cider Barrel neighborhood, and some larger limbs from those trees were apparently carried over two rows of townhouses, landing on Cider Barrel Drive, about 200ft away. That's pretty incredible if you ask me.

I asked him about the storm's severity, and he said it sounded like a giant blender. Said his house was shaking pretty good.

Lots of hail damage in Cockeysville. I was flooded with calls for siding damage. Some of my customers showed me pictures of golf ball size hail and bigger. A lot of local and out of state storm chasers have set up shop in the area trying to cash in. I also saw quite a few car windows smashed.

Lots of hail damage in Cockeysville. I was flooded with calls for siding damage. Some of my customers showed me pictures of golf ball size hail and bigger. A lot of local and out of state storm chasers have set up shop in the area trying to cash in. I also saw quite a few car windows smashed.

As I property owner, I'll be quite happy if that never happens near my house.

Archived