joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Texas/New Mexico/Louisiana/Mexico Obs And Discussion Thread Part 7

wxmx

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only a few whispy clouds here in downtown right now. It looks like there are two local boundaries mixing around. Maybe a secondary dryline just west of Ft. Worth separating low 70s from mid 60s? And then another area of something along 75?

Multiple subtle moisture and/or air convergence lines just meandering around with no true directional sense.

These things are going to have slow motion and rise and fall on outflow. Normally the way it's oriented, I'd say we have little shot, butt the northern cells seem to have a northerly component. Crossing fingers.

And as usual, the HRRR was too aggressive with CI. The last run that I looked at around 19z had storms across DFW by now.

I doubt much makes it this far east. Models seem to be diminishing convection after dark, and the cells are crawling their way east and are barely even in the Hill Country. They definitely seem to be heading more NE than E-Waco and north have a much better shot. Hopefully we salvage something-we need something to take the edge off this humid airmass. 

I doubt much makes it this far east. Models seem to be diminishing convection after dark, and the cells are crawling their way east and are barely even in the Hill Country. They definitely seem to be heading more NE than E-Waco and north have a much better shot. Hopefully we salvage something-we need something to take the edge off this humid airmass.

Gotta think positive. Those things look pretty stout. Might drive an outflow your way.

The North Fort Worth sirens went off...after the storm was in Southlake. I swear, they are not the most competent people. I already hate they go off for everything here instead of just tornadoes like when I lived in West Texas and my entire childhood in Kansas. Such an odd thing.

But, at least if you are going to get trigger happy with the sirens, do so before the threat is over.

Storm looks to be throwing in the towel and falling apart. Not sure it holds together long enough to make it out this way and may actually miss to the south, if it does make it this far. 

It looks like they became elevated, at least from my perspective here between Love Field & Uptown. Few CGs, mostly in-cloud lightning.

SPC shifted the Slight area SE to include all of DFW. Moisture took a hit from the overnight storms and the 12z FWD sounding showed a decent cap in place. It looks like moisture return is already beginning and temps should rise under clear skies. Maybe we see something similar to yesterday evening but with storms moving in from the NW.

TX_swody1.png

Latest from AFD

VFR through the afternoon with few to scattered cu and increasinghigh clouds. A south wind will continue in the 12 to 17 knot rangealong with a few higher gusts.We anticipate that thunderstorms will develop northwest of themetroplex TAF sites late this afternoon along an approaching coldfront. Storms may be a bit slower to develop than most of themodels suggest since low level moisture was temporarily scoured outby evening/overnight convection. The most likely time for impact atthe metroplex terminals will be late this evening generally betweenabout 04Z and 07Z when storms move off of the cold front. Thereshould be a lull in activity overnight until the cold front movesthrough toward sunrise Thursday. The best window of time for stormswith the front will be between 11Z and 15Z at the metro terminalsand Waco between 15Z and 18Z. The passage of the cold front willalso turn the wind to the north at speeds between 6 and 12 knots.MVFR ceilings should return late this evening/overnight at all Northand Central Texas TAF sites and prevail through the morning hoursThursday.

Archived