joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Texas/New Mexico/Louisiana/Mexico Obs And Discussion Thread Part 7

wxmx

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like any model that does initiate storms this afternoon does it east of I35. Those storms will probably be well east of the area before becoming mature supercells. However, if we do get clearing then it could be a rare opportunity for us out east to see some structure. It seems like the best structure is always out west and things are already growing upscale by the time they hit I35. 

CiAmp_2UYAEtUxW.jpg

4K NAM, HRRR and HRRRx all fire a few isolated cells in the vicinity of I35 this afternoon. They seem to be handling the mixing east of the dryline pretty well at this time. 

L_nwslub_plot.gif

Edited my prior question. 

What does the white circle stand for and the red shaded location?

Another DFW dud, becoming too common.

I knew the last couple of days were not a great setup for DFW but thought we might sneak in a lone photogenic cell this afternoon. Things looked more impressive last week when the ensembles had a slower ejection of the system and Tuesday looked like it would be the day to watch around here. Anyway, I did get a crappy cell phone pic from my backyard of the warned cell up near Paris, TX

CiDssLwUgAEpLkA.jpg

I knew the last couple of days were not a great setup for DFW but thought we might sneak in a lone photogenic cell this afternoon. Things looked more impressive last week when the ensembles had a slower ejection of the system and Tuesday looked like it would be the day to watch around here. Anyway, I did get a crappy cell phone pic from my backyard of the warned cell up near Paris, TX

CiDssLwUgAEpLkA.jpg

Great pic!

Looks like our old friend Northwesterly flow is back. Good for MCSs drifting down this way.

Archived