Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
2/21-2/23 Weekend Possible Storm

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a cutter so it's got to warm up. If I'm right, I think the warmth pushes up from the south.

well, duh. But its a SSW wind, aka over snowcover. I'd say 4" if snow is a lock, then a few hours of not really freezing rain but add to the glacier 32, 33 degree light rain. Very cold air in place and it's very cold to the SW.

Once again, Middlesex County appears to have contradictions, especially in the northern half of the county.  NWS snowfall map shows 4-6" for my location (and 3-4" for the southern half of the county), point-and-click shows 2-6" and the WWAdvisory says 1-3".  And just to my west in Somerset County, their WWAdvisory says 2-5", while to my north and east the Upton WWA says 1-5".  Sigh - they really need to try to minimize these discrepancies, especially between the maps and the advisories, which are what most people look at.  Here are the maps, which I haven't seen posted yet...

StormTotalSnowRange.png

StormTotalSnowRange.png

I think 72 hours or so ago, one of the so called "better" models had rain up through Vermont...good mid range model. Of course, anyone with a little sense could tell you that it does not rain in Vermont in mid to late February in this pattern unless you had some huge mid latitude cyclone race up through the Great Lakes...which would be hard pressed to happen anyway...given the time of year, the extent of the snowcover in Eastern N. America...and the overall pattern...but whatever.

Archived