joxey
Frontogenesis/Baroclinic zone induced snows

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

could even be +SN.

12z EURO looks hot for us.

There was a similar event about 5 years ago across Wisconsin. Models had no well defined sfc low, and never spit out more than 0.10"/6 hrs at any one point, but parts of the state ended up with a long duration 12-15" under persistent banding.

Still apprehensive about a bit of a southward adjustment at some point as that seems to fit climo better. Although I notice a lot of the GEFS members give us a nice buffer zone (some are well to the north).

12z EURO looks hot for us.

There was a similar event about 5 years ago across Wisconsin. Models had no well defined sfc low, and never spit out more than 0.10"/6 hrs at any one point, but parts of the state ended up with a long duration 12-15" under persistent banding.

Still apprehensive about a bit of a southward adjustment at some point as that seems to fit climo better. Although I notice a lot of the GEFS members give us a nice buffer zone (some are well to the north).

Also models are hinting at persistent easterly flow throught the event so who knows. I think it's easterly lol.

Hard not to notice the northward shift the past 24hrs but with these frontogenetic events I'm not going to rule anything out yet.

Was just thinking the same thing. Most guidance has pushed the neaviest snows north over the past 24-36 hours - at least as it relates to the southern half of WI. 

12z GGEM smoked MBY with about 12" sat-sun, this will be fun to track. :)

I am bit nervous about a north trend as it has me right on that mix line.  Hopefully this is just the case of the models underestimating the cold air we are about to have move on us as they tend to move it out too quickly in this area.

I am bit nervous about a north trend as it has me right on that mix line.  Hopefully this is just the case of the models underestimating the cold air we are about to have move on us as they tend to move it out too quickly in this area.

Strength of the low level cold air could push the boundary further south than is currently progged.

Yeah has me nervous too, especially with the GFS being quite a bit north to where the best snows are slightly north of me. That was also one heck of a band of s***t in southern mi on the GGEM and nobody ever wants to see that.

Yeah has me nervous too, especially with the GFS being quite a bit north to where the best snows are slightly north of me. That was also one heck of a band of s***t in southern mi on the GGEM and nobody ever wants to see that.

Couple positives are a solid snow pack well into IL and fresh arctic moving in tonight.  No strong storm system to drive the WAA north  -30C 850 air diving into Ontario and then Quebec just north of the GLs.  The big negative is that strong Pac Jet.

Right now I am going to remain positive but not go all in.

In regards to PL ... if I have to I honestly will take PL before rain in winter!!!

Archived