amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Frontogenesis/Baroclinic zone induced snows

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Small but increasing chance I may be joining you.

The preceding waves are just too weak to knock the boundary SW. That Pac jet is overwhelming the cold air mass.

I have been hoping for a better trend but I seem to have lost all the models with ticks to the NE today.

Still looking for more fun and games ahead. Can't win them all (though it looks like Boston area is going to again).

Small but increasing chance I may be joining you.

It's the NAM, hold off for a bit. :)

Alas, models have been trending heights higher in SE Canada with every run. Nothing to really hold the vortex from moving out/NE (no real -NAO hurts a bit). Over-running might not look great, for the most part, but the system snows are still looking good for the GTA IMO. Hope for the best. 

Through 33 hours, the GFS is clearly further south than the NAM out in Manitoba. 

Edit: Unlike the NAM which has the southern tip of the precip band around the northern shores of Lake Huron/Gbay, the GFS has the northern tip of the precip band in the same area. Quite different. 

temps will not be a problem at all for this storm. Even the ridiculously far north NAM doesn't get us above freezing.

Good to hear. 6" of snow will make me happy, although 8-10" would obviously be better. Man, if we get this followed by the severe cold around the 15th this could be a February for the ages.

Archived