• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
OBS/Disco: A bit of snow Thursday night/Friday morning (1/29-30/2015)

famartin

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Ray. I knew that couldn't be right. Just pretty as a picture here in Ewing and Hopewell. Many kids out sledding yesterday at Howell Farm - next door neighbor's kid first time (remember?)

One time when I was like, 4 maybe, my mom took us sledding in Cadwalader Park (we either still lived in Trenton or had just moved to Ewing at the time, don't recall), and one of the local papers (don't remember if it was the Trentonian or the Times) came by and snapped our photo on a sled, so we got in the paper.  I'm a little fuzzy on this because the date escapes me.

One time when I was like, 4 maybe, my mom took us sledding in Cadwalader Park (we either still lived in Trenton or had just moved to Ewing at the time, don't recall), and one of the local papers (don't remember if it was the Trentonian or the Times) came by and snapped our photo on a sled, so we got in the paper.  I'm a little fuzzy on this because the date escapes me.

When I was a little older and could drive we used to sneak out to Trenton Country Club and sled down the third hole to see if anyone could make it over the DR canal :o Had a few mishaps.

Thanks Ray. I knew that couldn't be right. Just pretty as a picture here in Ewing and Hopewell. Many kids out sledding yesterday at Howell Farm - next door neighbor's kid first time (remember?)

Started sledding in the some of the mid-upper 70's good storms. We used  to go down a hill in the street all day long. (Yeah...probably not safe) Looking back, the streets would remain snow packed for/a week plus. Now w/pre-brine and tons of salt that hill is cleared (showing pavement completely) within 12-24hrs regardless of the storm/temp unless very severe. Even then 1-2 days max. 

When I was a little older and could drive we used to sneak out to Trenton Country Club and sled down the third hole to see if anyone could make it over the DR canal :o Had a few mishaps.

:lol:

When I was a bit older, we (the neighborhood kids) would sled down the hill behind the back parking lot of Ewing High.  Technically it was off-limits but we always managed to get inside the fence ;)  Then we'd "borrow" the tops of the dumpsters to use as sleds :P

I did the golf course thing and probably could have killed myself. A bunch of us would run and start and try to take out "the other guy" as we approached mid way down. Super nuts...how I never broke a bone is beyond me. Also did crazy shiet on a BMX bike in the snow...

Wife broke her little finger sledding at Cadwalader Park. But the good news was it got her out of piano lessons which she hated lol.

I did the golf course thing and probably could have killed myself. A bunch of us would run and start and try to take out "the other guy" as we approached mid way down. Super nuts...how I never broke a bone is beyond me. Also did crazy shiet on a BMX bike in the snow...

Great stuff...

back in the day, we would hitch up the toboggan to my parents Vista Cruiser station wagon and rip around the Jenkintown neighborhoods.

SO cool...So dangerous but to this day some of my best memories with my childhood buddies.

Of course we would wear our dirt-bike helmets for safety ;)

Great stuff...

back in the day, we would hitch up the toboggan to my parents Vista Cruiser station wagon and rip around the Jenkintown neighborhoods.

SO cool...So dangerous but to this day some of my best memories with my childhood buddies.

Of course we would wear our dirt-bike helmets for safety ;)

Rear wheel drive and a boat...did crazy shiet in cars as well. When I turned 16 I had a 72' Duster (beater car) then a 76' Malibu...complete tank. One word...DONUTS! Even further many of us would grab the bumper of the school bus once we were let off and take a bumper ride....crazy stuff.

Rear wheel drive and a boat...did crazy shiet in cars as well. When I turned 16 I had a 72' Duster (beater car) then a 76' Malibu...complete tank. One word...DONUTS! Even further many of us would grab the bumper of the school bus once we were let off and take a bumper ride....crazy stuff.

LOL..

good thing we survived those days (so we can now do do all this snow chasing...might be more dangerous to our health than the teenage antics we did ;)

Archived