• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
OBS/Disco: A bit of snow Thursday night/Friday morning (1/29-30/2015)

famartin

I did the golf course thing and probably could have killed myself. A bunch of us would run and start and try to take out "the other guy" as we approached mid way down. Super nuts...how I never broke a bone is beyond me. Also did crazy shiet on a BMX bike in the snow...

Funny to think of some of the stuff we did and it's funny cuz we survived it, lol.

Speaking of bikes, when I was 7 or 8 we got bikes for Christmas, and my youngest brother who was 4 or 5 got a tricycle. It started snowing early Christmas morning, and we were outside riding our bikes in the snow. The youngest wasn't having much luck on the tricycle, so we nailed a bunch of nails into the front wheel all the way around for better traction. Kind of a rough ride, but I guess we were ahead of our time, lol.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a funky deal, isn't it? We're on the southern side of the surface low, vortmax passes overhead west to east, and there is anafrontal nature to the cold front that crosses NJ with it. Schwartz is probably sniffing past the models and he'll probably be right.

Yes it is. Yet I can't remember the last time the GFS was too wet for anything.

Found something curious. Dunno if this link will work but take a look at how the GFS is initializing the 250/300mb RH fields against the NAM. Soundings and the RAP support the NAM. It's a big diffference. Granted we are arguing about a tenth of an inch liquid here, but the GFS seems to recognize a much deeper layer of moist air than the rest do.

http://www.twisterdata.com/index.php?prog=forecast&model=NAM&grid=221&model_yyyy=2015&model_mm=01&model_dd=29&model_init_hh=12&fhour=03&parameter=RH&level=250&unit=MB&maximize=n&mode=singlemap&sounding=n&output=image&view=large&archive=false

Easy forecast for me, coating to 2" for Trenton :P

Now that I've said that, they'll either get nothing, or 3" :axe:

Easy peasy, lol.

http://www.statecollege.com/allen-street-cam/

Btw, for the first time today there are reflections on the nexrad radars on the COD Met. site - on the last couple of frames. Anyone else experience this today?

Archived