Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Southern MD / Lower Eastern Shore weather discussion

PrinceFrederickWx

6 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Still snowing- my last official measurement was 6.5". If we crack the 7" mark this will be my biggest storm since moving here besides the HECS last year. What an overperformer! 

Rehoboth is completely awesome. No official measurement but definitely 8+ with lots of drifts. Winter wonderland at the beach plus bar hopping. So fun.

Rehoboth is completely awesome. No official measurement but definitely 8+ with lots of drifts. Winter wonderland at the beach plus bar hopping. So fun.

Was down there around 1230. Amazing conditions, probably the closest I have been to blizzard conditions since 2010.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

Any chance of another snowstorm to track this season?  Looks very grim, but maybe we can all luck into another winter storm warning.  Models all show endless torch but hopefully the stars can align one more time 

The trouble is Nina winters aren't usually back-loaded and it looks like we're about to burn through the next week or two. Of course I'm always ready for more, but if we're one-and-done I'm ok with that too.

Good thing is I held on to all my snowpack today and likely will tomorrow too before the big melt starting Tuesday onwards. 

12 hours ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

Any chance of another snowstorm to track this season?  Looks very grim, but maybe we can all luck into another winter storm warning.  Models all show endless torch but hopefully the stars can align one more time 

The one good thing is that the LR Models have been pretty inaccurate so far this winter, lets hope the torch being displayed isnt as strong and doesnt last as long as its progged to. Theres still a long way to go in winter and im not ready to throw in the towel just yet, I think we can manage to score 1-2 more decent events before we close out the year. I would be fine with 1-2 more that give us what we got this last weekend, which was a nice manageable snowfall, although I would trade it all in for a HECS!

I'm just surprised. Out of the four years I've lived on the shore, all of them have had above average snowfall. That's pretty rare here. Keep the streak going! :)

Looks like a warming tend for next couple weeks (on average), then hopefully some new cold and snow chances. 

2 hours ago, snowdude said:

I'm just surprised. Out of the four years I've lived on the shore, all of them have had above average snowfall. That's pretty rare here. Keep the streak going! :)

Looks like a warming tend for next couple weeks (on average), then hopefully some new cold and snow chances. 

And you missed 2010. That year was epic. 3 big storms in late Jan and early February totaling about 45 inches in Lewes. 

We definitely have been on a great streak. Let's hope it continues 

2 hours ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

And you missed 2010. That year was epic. 3 big storms in late Jan and early February totaling about 45 inches in Lewes. 

We definitely have been on a great streak. Let's hope it continues 

I didn't totally miss out. I was in my senior year of college in Millersville, PA. We got hammered too. :) I'm from VA so I've been around for a lot of our storms. I'm just "new" to the shore. 

1 hour ago, alexderiemer said:

I have a hard time being excited about this one. Being so close to the water cad just doesn't work out the way it does west of the bay..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Are you AlexD who used to post here or someone else? Can't keep track of name changes lol