joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 9-10 Coastal Storm Threat

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you close off at H5 like that you're dealing with a horse of a different color. 2/26/10 basically snowed itself out overhead. Think of it the same way you do a cut off low in Spring.

The airmass and atmospheric pattern for that storm couldn't be more different from what we're dealing with currently. 

To be fair, I think all Isentropic Lift was saying is that the evolution at 500mb on the 00z Euro was similar to the 500mb evolution on 2/26/10. I actually think that's fair. An 00z Euro evolution but further east would be pretty similar.

That's asking for a lot in this pattern though when there is a lot more room for this to cut west than that synoptic setup had. But the airmass in that event was actually very stale.

To be fair, I think all Isentropic Lift was saying is that the evolution at 500mb on the 00z Euro was similar to the 500mb evolution on 2/26/10. I actually think that's fair. An 00z Euro evolution but further east would be pretty similar.

That's asking for a lot in this pattern though when there is a lot more room for this to cut west than that synoptic setup had. But the airmass in that event was actually very stale.

Yes, exactly. Comparing a situation doesn't mean that you're forecasting a similar outcome either.

Even if two setups were identical, you would never get the exact same outcome twice.

Hence why you can get 50 ensemble members showing a dozen different outcomes based off the same data.

Yes, exactly. Comparing a situation doesn't mean that you're forecasting a similar outcome either.

Even if two setups were identical, you would never get the exact same outcome twice.

Hence why you can get 50 ensemble members showing a dozen different outcomes based off the same data.

Difference with this storm is the air mass isnt so much stale, its the poorly placed HP E of maine which is giving an easterly fetch for anybody in the NE off the furnaced atlantic ocean. This certainly is not the storm for coastal locals at all, backlash snows or not which is a shot in the dark to begin with

Yes, exactly. Comparing a situation doesn't mean that you're forecasting a similar outcome either.

But why even bring up that storm? I'm sure other storms evolved the same way that were rain storms for our area.

Archived