• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2014

Rtd208

It's a little bit of both. The timing and spacing differences between each shortwave, are really small.

I wonder if the strong MJO wave is adding to the confusion with the busy pattern over the Pacific?

Will be interesting to see if the push into 4 that the euro is showing leads to a moderation in temps

for the first week of December.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if the strong MJO wave is adding to the confusion with the busy pattern over the Pacific?

Will be interesting to see if the push into 4 that the euro is showing leads to a moderation in temps

for the first week of December.

The euro takes the MJO around through 3 and into 4. Canada stays seeded and if the pac jet comes through I think this will just recycle so even if the 1st 10 days are above once we build back the PNA the cold should slide south and hopefully lock off for the 2 nd half of Dec

The euro takes the MJO around through 3 and into 4. Canada stays seeded and if the pac jet comes through I think this will just recycle so even if the 1st 10 days are above once we build back the PNA the cold should slide south and hopefully lock off for the 2 nd half of Dec

Yeah, you wouldn't expect a Nina looking  pattern to persist very long with such a strong +PDO and 

an El Nino in progress.

Looks like too many vorts dueling for dominance for one big storm unless later runs change.

Still in a high volatility range with all models and fluctuations whether they be small or large is expected. Until we are inside 120hrs gotta take this with a grain of salt IMO. The potential is they're possibly for our first widespread winter season snowstorm but many things can cause this to either shear out or cut if it phases too early (doubt that because the pacific flow isnt exaclty lagging its heels). sunday should be a very busy day in here if the models do start honing in on monster coastal storm. I know ive been lambasted by someone for saying hold off or something like that but this is a complex setup and one or two nuances can throw this off

Archived