joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Let's talk Winter!

Steve

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Approaching the 4" mark on the northside of Newark. Much better than I thought we would be at 8am.

Same here about 3.5" I was figuring on around 2 by this time with the bulk coming this afternoon. Radar still looks good for a few hours. We could easily top 6" at this rate maybe even hit my high end of 8

Are you north of the pink line? Looks like I'm about 10 miles north of it ...  too close for comfort. lol

where it says 4-6"....  I'm in the circle of the number 6 lol.    We already have between 3 and 4 " so unless the mix line makes it this far north, or the precip starts to fall apart.....  6" should be very easy to achieve I would think.  Precip still all the way back thru IL.

where it says 4-6"....  I'm in the circle of the number 6 lol.    We already have between 3 and 4 " so unless the mix line makes it this far north, or the precip starts to fall apart.....  6" should be very easy to achieve I would think.  Precip still all the way back thru IL.

You look safe to me. Although I'm at the same latitude you are, being farther east sucks.

Same here about 3.5" I was figuring on around 2 by this time with the bulk coming this afternoon. Radar still looks good for a few hours. We could easily top 6" at this rate maybe even hit my high end of 8

Yea, your map looks golden right now. Various radars are showing the mixing in different locations. Not sure what to make of it. Hopefully we stay snow through morning.

where it says 4-6".... I'm in the circle of the number 6 lol. We already have between 3 and 4 " so unless the mix line makes it this far north, or the precip starts to fall apart..... 6" should be very easy to achieve I would think. Precip still all the way back thru IL.

Same here. We keep hitting small dry slots and it goes from moderate to light. But the radar don't appear to be falling apart and the shield is way back in IL like you said. The day time totals they pulled out of their rears because every model I seen showed the bulk falling during the day today Between 11 and 5. So 1-2" must be taking mixing into account. I'll be shocked if I mix this far north. That mix like has barely moved since 4am.

Same here. We keep hitting small dry slots and it goes from moderate to light. But the radar don't appear to be falling apart and the shield is way back in IL like you said. The day time totals they pulled out of their rears because every model I seen showed the bulk falling during the day today Between 11 and 5. So 1-2" must be taking mixing into account. I'll be shocked if I mix this far north. That mix like has barely moved since 4am.

And as the day goes on and colder air trys to move in...and if the storm is a bit south..mixing may be hard this far up..I am about 10 miles north of I-70..

And as the day goes on and colder air trys to move in...and if the storm is a bit south..mixing may be hard this far up..I am about 10 miles north of I-70..

Well Steve, you will be the canary in the coal mine for me. If I see you post about mixing down your way then I will start worrying. :whistle:

Well Steve, you will be the canary in the coal mine for me. If I see you post about mixing down your way then I will start worrying. :whistle:

Well..the pink seemed to dissapear!! Radar though it does not look great..it looks ok..it extends way back..If it holds together i think we will do fairly well!!

Not sure why Franklin County isn't under a warning. It seems we will be solidly within the criteria with what's already fallen and the look of the radar.

That's what i was thinking...4 inches already and more to come..easily we could see 6 inches..probably more!!

Looks like it's all but done for i70. Rapidly falling apart in the center. And has a heavy band in norther indiana/ohio and southern Ohio with the center getting eaten by dry air.

RAP shows redevelopment later this afternoon along the I-70 corridor...it's actually picking up the on the current erosion of the precip.

Looks like it's all but done for i70. Rapidly falling apart in the center. And has a heavy band in norther indiana/ohio and southern Ohio with the center getting eaten by dry air.

That band will swing SE later this afternoon, but it'll be slower for a few hours until that happens.

Archived