• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Medium/Long Range thread

famartin

Like the rest of the summer the heat signal for after next week is starting to be muted

It's getting so late in the summer that climo is starting to mute the heat also :)  The fact that some days in late August only have record highs of 93 at ABE shows that intense heat has a tough time getting going now.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

On Friday night/Sat frontal passage.....these things tend to swing through quicker than progged around here, correct?  Also, seems like a long time to pass on the models so should I assume slow clearing Sat afternoon?

I am planning a get together around the firepit and up until a couple days ago it looked doeable...now not so much.

On Friday night/Sat frontal passage.....these things tend to swing through quicker than progged around here, correct?  Also, seems like a long time to pass on the models so should I assume slow clearing Sat afternoon?

I am planning a get together around the firepit and up until a couple days ago it looked doeable...now not so much.

I think you're safe...these things move through.....think by noon - 1pm or so. Maybe some gusty winds (20 mph) Sat afternoon but meh....enjoy the firepit. Should be a nice Fall-like Sat night...

I think you're safe...these things move through.....think by noon - 1pm or so. Maybe some gusty winds (20 mph) Sat afternoon but meh....enjoy the firepit. Should be a nice Fall-like Sat night...

Yeah, I was just a bit concerned about late clearing, but it appears it should clear out quickly and allow for some drying.  I don't need the grass to be a mud pit, but the precip amounts seem to be dropping as we approach the system.

Should be a little chilly, but perfect for a fire and a few beers with music for the kiddos.  You're supposed to bundle up a bit for a fire.  :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived