amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014

Animal

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Central Hudson is awful. Don't get me started. Albany just put out a special weather statement regarding occasional heavy snow through midnight. The wind is whipping here. Looks like light to occasionally moderate snow but not really amounting to that much, even though the fluff factor has increased.

When I used to live in New Windsor & Cornwall I dealt with them. My power used to go out once a week. Disaster!

31f w/ flurries now

9" snow depth ( compaction) 1.5" new on the driveway 

I probably had 10-10.5" but compaction couldn't keep up with the inconsistent rates

Not being home all day made dealing with the compaction issue of this snow impossible to accurately measure. Reports of 11.5 in Chester and 9.4 in Highland mills make me lean towards an 11-13" total IMBY. I do know that I tried to shovel  2 compacted inches last night from infront of my garage door to my garbage pail and it was like shoveling 6 inches. snowblower is my best friend today

Been flurrying here for a few hours, nothing to write home about but it adds to the wintery appeal.  All settled out to a bit under 6" of solid mass but wet underneath, should melt out quickly.  Looks like little bits of winter for the next few weeks but no events of consequence until maybe late in the month.  That's ok  :)

Happy Thanksgiving all.

I didn't get a final storm total because my power went out and I went to bed early Wednesday night, but most areas around me ended up with 6-9", which is in line with what I thought heading into the storm. I had 6" prior to that point.

Did you guys see this story from Newburgh? Crazy.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/28/us/boys-rescued-in-snow-fort/index.html

I didn't get a final storm total because my power went out and I went to bed early Wednesday night, but most areas around me ended up with 6-9", which is in line with what I thought heading into the storm. I had 6" prior to that point.

Did you guys see this story from Newburgh? Crazy.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/28/us/boys-rescued-in-snow-fort/index.html

Yeah, lucky kids!

Archived