• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Giant signal for mid month. This was noted in the teleconnectors earlier this week

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Southern stream and phasing systems?

Gfs said no, and was correct. To be clear, euro and it's ensembles have been all over the place in track of this. 0z you had a rainstorm,12Z nice snow. Let's see what this brings. But beware of phasing in the current pattern.

What specifically?

What do you mean? The euro has consistently shown a solid it. Not saying that is how it will end up but I am confident it wins this one. For the record I am all set with snow unless it is a big storm...not trying to wish cast this one. Whatever happens is fine with me - even if it is rain or no storm. But the euro and it's ensembles are encouraging.

What do you mean? The euro has consistently shown a solid it. Not saying that is how it will end up but I am confident it wins this one. For the record I am all set with snow unless it is a big storm...not trying to wish cast this one. Whatever happens is fine with me - even if it is rain or no storm. But the euro and it's ensembles are encouraging.

. We're 6 days out. Euro had been a rainstorm, snowstorm with coastal taint, ensembles have had a rainstorm and snowstorm 12 hours apart. We're 6 days out. Verification scores aren't great for any model.

I'm never good with recalling model performance wrt specific events, but I want to say this is relatively similar to 2/13 with the Euro set on an intense system while other models bounced around in the day 5/6 range. I do believe the Euro has proven overzealous with several other events in the mid-range, though. Could be totally off the mark.

. We're 6 days out. Euro had been a rainstorm, snowstorm with coastal taint, ensembles have had a rainstorm and snowstorm 12 hours apart. We're 6 days out. Verification scores aren't great for any model.

Agreed. I'm not saying anything is set in stone. Just I would lean towards euro for this system. I could be totally wrong though.

I'm never good with recalling model performance wrt specific events, but I want to say this is relatively similar to 2/13 with the Euro set on an intense system while other models bounced around in the day 5/6 range. I do believe the Euro has proven overzealous with several other events in the mid-range, though. Could be totally off the mark.

Euro locked and loaded in February 2013... a masterpiece.

GFS = worst continuity 

Not sure why this model really seems to be going out of its way to diminish this thing. Huh. Interesting. I was imagining this run, thinking how good it could be, but then I said, 'watch it come in some flat, annoyingly non-conformist evolution'; I'm fascinated just how well it did just that, with panache!

GFS = worst continuity 

Not sure why this model really seems to be going out of its way to diminish this thing. Huh. Interesting. I was imagining this run, thinking how good it could be, but then I said, 'watch it come in some flat, annoyingly non-conformist evolution'; I'm fascinated just how well it did just that, with panache!

John, the typically inaccurate GGEM is just like it.

Archived