Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Southern Ontario Weather Discussion

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flake size isn't great here (yet), but winds are really picking up which is causing for visibilities about as low as the Feb storm.

Excited for temps to drop and see the ratios pick up.

System is deepening a little faster than 1mb/hr. 992mb at last mesoanalysis update.

Area between Brampton and Woodbridge getting slammed right now as per KC radar

Yes some 1.5cm.hr rates starting to show up. Seems the band is in a similar location as last time. Going to head out early today and attempt to hunt down some blizzard conditions.

Just received a report on Twitter of 70km/h gusts in Hamilton.

I'll call it. I think Toronto gets a WSW within the next hour. If the north end of the city is already closing in on 10cm then it's a no brainer.

Well, they passed on the opportunity with the 11.00am forecast.

Not that I think he's too far off but I haven't seen much corroboration of Snowstorms' number. The Feb 5 event seemed like there were more reports of +SN and maybe there was more pressure on EC to hoist something.

Hoping flake size increases soon, could bring total amounts down some.

Temps not really dropping as fast as expected.

Yes, ratios have not been that great. Hovering around -1.5 downtown right now. I thought I would be colder by now; however, some TWN twitter posts have suggested the band north of the 407 is actually frontogenesis of the arctic front, which explains the incredible winds picking up right now. Temps should begin to drop very soon at quite a fast rate. Given the best moisture is about to come, we could pick up some decent ratios along the lake.

I'm thinking some lake enhancement is possible for Hamilton with the NE wind.

Incredible wind gusts picking up downtown right now. The snow is really blowing down hard, flake size remains rather fine.

Regardless of amounts, I'm willing to bring this winter up to an A- right now. I haven't seen winds like this during a storm yet this season, really quite something.

I have been getting 35-40kph gust IMBY.

Gotta love arctic fronts. They always deliver surprises when it comes to events like this. We'll see how this all plays out shortly. Returns moving through London look very impressive.

Temp dropped nearly 1C from the 11:00-11:23 update at YYZ.

Winds really starting to rip in the last 15 minutes or so.

I'm surprised that you're not higher. The same, stronger thin band which has stretched between the 401 and 407 for most of the morning seemed to go right through Waterloo too.

Eyeing it out from the 4th floor looking at the tops of cars and two storage containers. Could be more than 3" as it is windy. 

Not entirely sure if weather related, but there has been a crash in the city that has taken down a stop light and bus stop. TWN tweeting pics. pic.twitter.com/7B1845fbdG

Archived