• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MET Winter Grading 2013-2014 (Dec 1 - Feb 28)

free_man

Grade Winter 2013-2014  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What's your grade?

Just start another thread on May 1st about the "snow season" grade...lol. Its a poll of Dec/Jan/Feb weather... its not doing a disservice or anything, it is what it is. People start polls all the time in mid-winter asking for ratings on how the first half of the winter is. This isn't any different...its just a chunk of the heart of winter. Not grading the entire winter.

+1 haha.

You missed the context as usual

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Said the man 140% above ytd climo snow and below normal temps for his MET winter

free_man

Today, 12:24 PM

lol @ folks hanging onto winter and "cold".

Five days until Spring.

Disappointing winter, but they can't all be epic. After this initial colder stretch, really looks like a more zonal and moderate pattern. Maybe a couple crappy snow chances, but by-in-large it's "ovah".

Why do you bother even responding to him? Everyone who posts on here knows that BIrving is one of the biggest closet snow weenies on here. :lol:

Just laugh at the posts to try and get other weenies riled up. At least I do.

nah its ovah, you said so, what's 15 days of below normal cold and snow threats between friends, winter cancel though, right? Zonal flow to boot.

In all honesty our biggest storm of the season may not have even happened yet.  The upcoming pattern does hold a tremendous deal of promise.  

Seriously wiz.....the best severe day in decades and you were selling hot dogs 40 miles away. The irony if a severe weenie missing severe because he's selling :weenie: s is as delicious as it gets.

I'll still never ever forget the events leading up to that day.  

The day prior to that I told my friend and I remember the exact words, "well if we win our State Tournament game today, our game will be played tomorrow, but our chances of winning are like nothing.  We haven't won a state game since 2002."  

I remember that day kind of hoping we'd lose but I couldn't root against us.  So I decided if we were winning I'd be happy.  When it came to the second to final inning we were down I think it was 5 runs then we came back to tie and won in extras and I couldn't believe it.  

My friend was pissed too but I told him where our game was being played is in a decent severe wx spot...it was in New Britain and that areas gets some pretty awesome storms.  

Then I'll never forget...our game was delayed due to thunder and my friend told me, there is a tornado on the ground near Springfield...I wanted to bash my head with a bat.  

Nice, A or A- for what would be basically a record snow season for your area.

If you scored an A on an assignment where you made a few mistakes, would you criticize the instructor's judgment?  

Oct - Jan were paltry in terms of snowfall.  How easily we forget the bad times.

If you scored an A on an assignment where you made a few mistakes, would you criticize the instructor's judgment?  

Oct - Jan were paltry in terms of snowfall.  How easily we forget the bad times.

Yep, if the work was perfect. If you bang out a record snowfall season but get upset when it hits 50 a few times during that stretch you are going to be one very disappointed person.

If the forgetting bad times is directed towards me, I don't think of it that way. They are just the times. It is what it is, winters have thaws, we lose snow pack in January, it snows again, we move on.

Who really cares? Am I going to give last winter a C even though I had a 28" storm and an 18" storm to give me over 70"? Am I going to give 2010-2011 a sh*tty grade because it was only 6 weeks long?

Yep, if the work was perfect. If you bang out a record snowfall season but get upset when it hits 50 a few times during that stretch you are going to be one very disappointed person.

If the forgetting bad times is directed towards me, I don't think of it that way. They are just the times. It is what it is, winters have thaws, we lose snow pack in January, it snows again, we move on.

He'll end up at 130" with that measuring technique.

I actually can't think of any part of this winter that I would call bad here...sure it sucked in Dec/Jan when I missed out on some of the better snows but some of that was due to mesoscale as opposed to the large scale pattern.  

Despite my despise for the cold it actually didn't really bother me as much as it could have.  Although I do hate it b/c when I have headphones in my ears I get these static shocks in my ear and those blow.  

I'm also too lazy to take my shoes off when I go inside and since I have hard wood floors my wood has a ton of sand on them.  I guess that's what I hate most...also icy sidewalks...have to walk like a penguin.   

There were 18 days of 45 degrees or higher in BOS in December and January, and many close to 45 left out.

A+ reserved for the "perfect" winter.

And 137" in ASH would probably equate to 150" here.  Don't believe we are going to see 60" more, but what do I know?

There were 18 days of 45 degrees or higher in BOS in December and January, and many close to 45 left out.

And 137" in ASH would probably equate to 150" here.  Don't believe we are going to see 60" more, but what do I know?

It hasn't been A+.

But we're solidly B+/A-. And if march comes in strong we go to A-/A.

I'm not sure you really understand how rare 100" seasons are in the southern half of NH, let alone a 150" season. Not even Mount Sunapee has topped 150" in a season.

I'm not sure you really understand how rare 100" seasons are in the southern half of NH, let alone a 150" season. Not even Mount Sunapee has topped 150" in a season.

Can you quickly explain how many have?  07-08?  00-01?  95-96, any of these for starters?

People forget the 2" that fell even in November down by the Cape. Despite those torches in late Dec and Jan....it's been a rather drawn out cold season which is nice to see for once.

yeah you know that 2 inch was a sign to me at the time, not a lock but it was a signal that the atmosphere was in cold mode.

For Sunapee...since the late 1950s so a little more common

Rank  Value  Ending Date  1   144.9    6/30/1958 (107)  2   135.5    6/30/2003 (4)  3   132.4    6/30/1969  4   131.3    6/30/1971 (24)  5   127.5    6/30/1972 (2)  6   125.6    6/30/1962 (1)  7   125.1    6/30/1993 (10)  8   117.4    6/30/2008 (2)  9   110.9    6/30/2011 (1) 10   110.2    6/30/1960

Archived