12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March Forecast Discussion

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This felt like a true early spring rainer for Long Island.  If we get the potential 4-8 inch snowstorm next week, and warm up 4-5 days later, look for a quick grass green up. A few days of 48-56 around 3/30 to 4/2 would start some early spring processes outside. with nights above freezing.  The sun is rapidly getting stronger and the 1 PM solar lighting is looking very early warm season like within the last week already.  The PV is going to be putting up a loosing fight eventually with Canada solar day growing much longer each day.  The Arctic solar night is about over...

The solar noon angle is approaching 50 degrees in our area, just about the time for UV index to get moderate or higher very soon. If we get the storm next week, we'll get to see the power of the sun this time of year.  We could loose 2-3 inches per day even on the cold days following the storm, if in full sun and exposed to it. In five days, we'll notice the sun hitting the north side of things moments around sunrise and sunset.  That warm season solar attribute is almost here again.  To all potential snowmen made after the possible snowstorm next week, happy melting.... :frostymelt:

The fast guide to building the "BK" or Brooklyn snowman: Snow88 would like this one....

- Safety cone for a nose instead of carrot

- Black spray on paint for substituting the charcoal eyes and buttons

- Plastic waste basket cover for a hat

B to the R to the Double O to the K to the L-Y-N

Not a single 00z ECMWF ensemble member gives this area measurable snow before 132 hours

That should tell everyone that the NAM may not have the right idea here, then again a blind squirrel can find a nut :lol:

By saturday we're going to be tracking next week anyway so i expect this to get swept under the rug but tommorow generally speaking yanks

The little wave along the arctic front that a few models are hinting def bears watching. Those short range disturbances have been our winter in a nutshell instead of the grandiose day 10 systems that turn out to be nothing.

I wouldn't completely write it off but the NAM being the only model showing something definitely lowers its likelihood.

Lol I just looked at the NAM for the first time in days and low and behold.....a perfect snow setup for 3-6" for our area. If only it wasn't the NAM.....or a weather model for that matter :P I used to think otherwise, but now I firmly believe that the NAM has virtually 0 clue at picking up a weather system accurately beyond 2 days. As we get closer, yes, it can be used to pick up banding and mesoscale details (which is why it is called the mesoscale model)

Sent from my iPhone

Archived