joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - February 2014 Pt. VI

2001kx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GGEM is strung out again, BUT comparing the 48 hour RGEM to the 48 hour GGEM, I think the RGEM was heading towards a better solution with the second wave.  Its much more WSW to ENE oriented with the front and the wave is further north in the Miss Valley then the GGEM.  usually the two are not far off where the "handoff" happens at 48 but this time there is a pretty substantial difference.  The RGEM looks more like the older runs of the GFS and Euro that were good for PA.  Below you can compare the 48 hour RGEM to the 49 hour GGEM to see what I mean.attachicon.gif48RGEM.pngattachicon.gif49GGEM.png

Usually it smoothly goes from RGEM to GGEM, but that is a big difference. CMC on it 's own again. Well it has the NAM, but ya NAM. NAVGEM still decent. 

The Euro run was not bad for southern tier, but that was pretty bad for Harrisburg on North. The southern tier for York-LNS down to MD line still rolling 0.8 to 1.1 qpf on a tight gradient. The run was also colder overall. High ratio snows possible. Still need to check a bit closer at profiles to see, but southern areas still got hit pretty good

NE PA gets .1" qpf or less. 

.5" touches the top of each of the southern tier counties. 

1" line rides MD line. 

DC gets smoked with 12"+

Thanks, hopefully Euro Ensembles are north... Still have some support in further north camp. We'll see how things go tomorrow.

I like the GEFS. 

The Euro run was not bad for southern tier, but that was pretty bad for Harrisburg on North. The southern tier for York-LNS down to MD line still rolling 0.8 to 1.1 qpf on a tight gradient. The run was also colder overall. High ratio snows possible. Still need to check a bit closer at profiles to see, but southern areas still got hit pretty good

Ya walking the tight rope. But, I think it will come a but more north by 50-75 miles by all said and done. 

NE PA gets .1" qpf or less.

.5" touches the top of each of the southern tier counties.

1" line rides MD line.

DC gets smoked with 12"+

I will say as a whole sub forum grand scheme of things, it wasn't a good run. If you go by zones though , there is no denying the southern tier still got hit pretty good and from quick glance, thermals look colder. Could be good snow ratios from better growth and omega values. Still a nice event. Don't forget southern stream systems are under forecasted qpf wise on the regular. And man is it cold afterwards. Holy ****

post-1352-0-97520100-1393655183.jpgHow high can ratios get in NEPA? Im in the 1.5-2.0" verbatim but im assuming (based on GEFS ensembles) this can still come a bit further north tomorrow... Possible for 15:1?

Looking at the run through the levels, your area could see 15:1 ratios at best. Your area is colder, but the intensity of the precip will be the question. The best dynamics will be further south toward MD line where cold and dynamics could push ratios closer to 20:1. Remember, cold is only one ingredient. Hope that helps :)

Archived