gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Southern Ontario winter '13-'14 Discussion part II

Ottawa Blizzard

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a hockey game. What a come back. GO CANADA!

Sorry OT

I turned to it when Canada was down 0-2 and it was in the 3rd, thought that's it and couldn't believe when I heard they won!! Incredible come-back!!

In on topic good news, I'm getting moderate snow right now and getting heavier every 10 minutes  :santa: . Its around 3ºC and very little melting is occurring thankfully. Its suppose to be raining so this is making me happy  :) . Hoping for more good luck (thundersnow? that would be insane).

Perhaps the temperature will temporarily drop when the precipitation starts.

This being said, the winds are out of the NE in Hamilton while in Toronto they are out of the SE, hence the milder temperatures.

Honestly, SW Ontario has been consistently colder than Toronto this month. Must be the frozen lakes.

This will become very thundery overnight, expect some embedded hail -- the strong winds may not mix down very effectively but aloft things will get extremely volatile over southwestern ON tonight -- temps will peak around +7 C after midnight once the warm sector gets better established, +12 in Windsor and Niagara. Flooding effects will not become an issue until Friday morning. Would expect max gusts to about 80 km/hr in Toronto but closer to 100 km/hr in Lake Huron counties.

Up to 0.0c - right on the freezing mark - at my place. Have to wonder if the temperature will drop back down slightly once an east wind kicks in. It's apparently -13c up in Barrie right now, under a NE wind.

No. East wind is not going to cool temps.

Interesting how the lake temperature did have cooling effect with ENE wind here downtown T.O.

My thermometer never went over 0.9 yet  today by Queens Park. Didn't lose too much  snow cover and still ice bits nearby.

Hoping for some wintry precip. soon. Still feels like winter-like conditions out there.

Fat flakes coming down at a decent rate, this is great! You can tell the flakes are moisture latent

I'm getting the same right now, flake size really increased in the last 20 minutes. Starting to get into the "awesome" range. Then at 4:40 pm, it got to +SN and I went out there and the flakes were the largest of this winter; most were around 0.8 inches and one flake was 1.5 inches long! Pretty rare to get this level of heavy snow with the large flake size. Very spectacular looking and the type you wish would last days. Already building on all surfaces.

2z59f6f.png

:lmao: !

+SN now at moment.

Temperature still steady at 0.8 like all day at my Queens Park location.

Thought it would start as ice pellets then rain.

This snow and lake influenced temps. from Island Airport to Hamilton was maybe a 'gut feeling' by OB

Edit: Temperature fell now 0 degrees here at Queens Park IMBY.

Archived