• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA and the MD Fringes - January Part III

MAG5035

Currently sitting at zero degrees. My coldest so far this winter was -4 on two occasions, Saturday 1/4 and Tuesday 1/7. I'm not so sure we drop to that level as both those mornings were about the same at this hour (4:30AM).

-2 was my low. Got up to a "toasty" 14 degrees for the high.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't read too much into the exact qpf placements for a clipper 3 days out...especially on the NAM...

Ever since back in Jan 2012 when Beth and I got stuck on the Atherton ramp to I99 from a clipper that was supposed to drop about an inch according to the NAM (we got 4-6 in Centre), I don't believe the NAM on clippers.

Yes I remember that one very well.

Thanks for posting the snowfall data from Myerstown, PennMan!

Where do you access that or is that you/your parent's personal log?

Sure thing.  Those totals are from our personal records/recollection.  For other storms there are two COOP sites that have pretty decent snowfall records.  Myerstown and Lebanon 2W here: http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/IPS/coop/coop.html

Clouds should move in soon and make temperatures rise. If they haven't already there. I am cloudy right now. 

They haven't made them rise here, but they sure slammed on the brakes. It was 9 degrees at 6:00PM last night, and 6 when I went to bed at 9:30PM. It only dropped on more overnight to the present 5 degrees.

Archived