• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Another in a series of clippers 1/21-1/22(Rib says call this one a storm :p)

Mitchell Gaines

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the "official" PHL is considerably higher than just about every else in the region.  Didn't they measure 9" for the last system? That seemed like a lollipop, but perhaps other totals nearby confirmed the measurement (I just didn't see them personally).

Here's some other totals:

Pitman, Gloucester County, NJ - 25" (CoCoRaHS)

Franklin Township, Gloucester County, NJ - 15.5" (CoCoRaHS)

Washington Township, Gloucester County, NJ - 14.9" (CoCoRaHS)

Elk Township, Gloucester County, NJ - 17.2" (CoCoRaHS)

Lindenwold, Camden County, NJ - 16.0" (CoCoRaHS)

Berlin, Camden County, NJ - 16.1" (CoCoRaHS)

Collingswood, Camden County, NJ - 16.7" (CoCoRaHS)

Somerdale, Camden County, NJ - 17.8" (NWS COOP)

Rockledge, Philadelphia County, PA - 16.8" (CoCoRaHS)

Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, PA - 15.0" (CoCoRaHS)

Wyndmoor, Philadelphia County, PA - 14.0" (CoCoRaHS)

Franklin Institute, Philadelphia County, PA - 13.4" (NWS COOP)

Mount Holly, Burlington County, NJ - 17.8" (NWS)

OK, can someone give me some guidance?

This chart was made by the NWS. The high temp tomorrow is 14°F

So by this chart the Lehigh Valley would be 15-21".

Am i seeing something wrong or is that chart a joke? lol

Not to get too deep into the nitty gritty because I'm on my phone and headed to bed - but if everything fell verbatim, at those ratios, and you received that much QPF and the ratios were constant. Yes.

But, I'm looking toward an average closer to just below 15:1 --- if temperatures hold. But there are more to ratios than just that. I'm sure back just a few pages before there are plenty of discussions about ratios.

OK, can someone give me some guidance?

This chart was made by the NWS. The high temp tomorrow is 14°F

So by this chart the Lehigh Valley would be 15-21".

Am i seeing something wrong or is that chart a joke? lol

That chart is based on old guidelines which has long since been surpassed.

DO NOT GO BY IT.

Really just read Tony's thread.

Since early Sunday, eh? You knew 10" since early Sunday? Quite the soothsayer considering not even the SREF plume maps didn't point to 10" until late Sunday.

Since when was VERIFIED. my word, tied in with SREF Plume maps? The synoptic picture showed extreme dynamics and arctic cold. 

Once upon a time, people could look at that connection, which had Miller "B" plastered all over it. The first storm, tomorrows, never was moisture challenged with a strong Pacific jet, AND Southern branch getting involved.

Sorry to ruin your lame stalking of me, which goes with Violent weather fan, and the aptly named MacChump. Bash on.

This isn't my regular gig. For that, I'd have to utter Jack Nicholson's, "you can't handle the truth".  There is a fine line between acerbic satire and true humor. I'll bet my healthy cynicism, that you guys go for the cheaper shot, not the humor in 90% of your wry attempts.

Guess you enjoy commenting on comments, not the weather.

Since when was VERIFIED. my word, tied in with SREF Plume maps? The synoptic picture showed extreme dynamics and arctic cold.

Once upon a time, people could look at that connection, which had Miller "B" plastered all over it. The first storm, tomorrows, never was moisture challenged with a strong Pacific jet, AND Southern branch getting involved.

Sorry to ruin your lame stalking of me, which goes with Violent weather fan, and the aptly named MacChump. Bash on.

This isn't my regular gig. For that, I'd have to utter Jack Nicholson's, "you can't handle the truth". There is a fine line between acerbic satire and true humor. I'll bet my healthy cynicism, that you guys go for the cheaper shot, not the humor in 90% of your wry attempts.

Guess you enjoy commenting on comments, not the weather.

Not sure what you mean by stalking, take it easy just poking some fun about being a slow in typing behind the keyboard...relax.

Incoming...RADAR TRENDS AS OF 10Z SHOW SOME BANDING ACROSS SRN PA...ALIGNED WITH WEAK FRONTOGENETICAL FORCING. THIS BAND SHOULD INTENSIFY AND EXPAND EWD LATER TODAY WITH HEAVIER SNOW RATES FROM MD/ERN PA INTO NEW JERSEY AND SRN NEW YORK WHERE DEEP FRONTOGENETICAL FORCING WILL BOTH INTENSIFY AND BE ALIGNED WITH TEMPERATURE PROFILES FAVORABLE FOR MAXIMUM DENDRITIC GROWTH. ..JEWELL.. 01/21/2014

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/md/md0030.html

Archived