joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

Reb

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I appreciate you keepin us updated Carvers. I got a big day planned with the kids so I'll only be checking in on the phone occasionally. Models should be honing in on a solution by tomorrow and I'll be either grinning like a jackass with a mouthful of bumblebees or cliff diving. The SREF gives me hope for the former.

I appreciate you keepin us updated Carvers. I got a big day planned with the kids so I'll only be checking in on the phone occasionally. Models should be honing in on a solution by tomorrow and I'll be either grinning like a jackass with a mouthful of bumblebees or cliff diving. The SREF gives me hope for the former.

Spoken like a true Tennessean!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=713288198704366&set=vb.100000695779866&type=2&theater

My boy warming up in his meet in Knoxville last weekend

The man with the bald hair that pushes him at the end is one of the best coaches in the nation,we couldn't be so lucky and he loves Nicholas,hes only 11

Very cool, I'm sure you're proud!  I've been toying with getting my 4 year old in some gymnastics.  Little guy is always climbing and jumping.  Maybe that would burn off some energy.  My 3 year old son is named Nicholas as well haha.

Enjoy it Stove! Bet the kids will have a blast at Monster Jam!!!

It's a Barter Theater weekend for me...but for music, not plays. Going to see Jason Isbell tonight and tomorrow night going to see Darrell Scott & Tim O'Brien! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

I'm jealous that sounds awesome!  I've not seen Isbell before but am a huge Drive By Truckers fan.  He was gone by the time my wife and I caught them live.  Love some Scott and O'Brien as well.  It's been since Merlefest a decade or so ago that we saw them.  They put on an amazing show.  Have fun!

We went to Monster Jam a few weeks ago when it was here in Nashville.  My son was a fan (it was his 1st time). 

Right on dawg, we are super pumped.  I'm very curious how the hell they are going to get all of that dirt into and out of Thompson Boling Arena haha.  Regardless, my boys are gonna be in heaven.  They got some Monster Jam toys for x-mas and have been glued to youtube clips since.  They have no idea they are going.  Gonna drop the bomb in a few minutes!

Very cool, I'm sure you're proud!  I've been toying with getting my 4 year old in some gymnastics.  Little guy is always climbing and jumping.  Maybe that would burn off some energy.  My 3 year old son is named Nicholas as well haha.

If you do take him to Tataru's gymnastics in Knoxville,very good program.I think you have to be 6 or 7 to compete at level 4 but if they are like Harpeth where Nick goes they have a rec class you can join before that.You want to start as young as you can though.Nick started when he was 6,he loves it.

It seems like every year when we're in a snow drought, somewhere that normally wouldn't see snow gets a major event. I remember at one point in 2008-09 every direction from Tennessee saw a major snow/winter event. Just last January Mississippi had 2 days of freezing rain, followed by 3-6 inches of snow in Southern Mississippi. Now we have this Gulf/Carolina mega storm on the horizon.

I have been following this storm closely over on the Southeast board. There is definitely time for this storm to trend further NW. Another 75-100 mile shift and much of East TN will be in business. Stove, what needs to happen for the NW trend to continue? I've noticed that the GFS has backed off a little in several runs with the extreme cold plunging as far south as it was showing a couple of days ago. I suppose this may have something to do with the storm not being as suppressed as it once was modeled.

Archived