• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

Reb

It didn't back off necessarily it just moved the heavier precip north instead of over TN.  This is expected that far out.  The solution will waffle back and forth a bit.  What has been comforting is, the Euro hasn't(or hasn't yet) lost the storm completely or had dramatic swings in solution. 

I really pay attention to those means.  Having 51 members really covers the range of possibilities.  When you consistently have means of 2-4 inches, that is pretty dad-blame good in my book.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone, either in this forum or the southeast forum, showed how differently the models were for the Sunday night and Monday system vs. three days ago. It was pretty remarkable and even though I just spent the last hour looking for it, I can't find it.  I think it's reasonable to see how quickly things can change, even in a forecast within 5 days.  Just something to keep in mind with the swings of emotion for anything that might (or might not) happen late next week.

I wonder if Robert, DT, Cosgrove, and others are beginning to not feel so good about using the terms "historic", "bombopolarderechovortexgenesis", and "end of winter bang" a couple of days ago?

That was one deterministic run.  I doubt they raise an eyebrow until consecutive runs back off as well as the ensembles.

Well, to be fair, it's not just one run.  The euro has been backing off the last couple of runs and their is not a lot of support from any model at this point.  There is more support for something cutting than sliding.  I think either way we are in for a bumpy ride.....

I'd like to welcome East TN back, after their surprise snow the other day, to what has been a bumpy ride all winter long. 

Lol, Carvers. I was planning on doing that today. It will probably be a Vol one, though I have a picture from Mt. LeConte that I think I got from the local paper that is about my favorite picture ever. Maybe I'll use it for good luck.

A few in the SE forum have been a little tough on Robert today which bothered me some. As much free info as he still gives out, plus nailing this last storm just rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe he'll end up right before the month is over. I hope so.

Ya' ll if we are going to be a respected WX board...time to get some avatars. Looks like an episode of the Clone Wars.

Haha!  Mine is weather related.  My face looks just like Roger Daltrey's when I stare at fantasy snow maps!

Now kvskelton, he is straight up clone wars lmao.

Haha! Mine is weather related. My face looks just like Roger Daltrey's when I stare at fantasy snow maps!

Now kvskelton, he is straight up clone wars lmao.

Now wait....there was weather in Monty Python & The Holy Grail! Remember the mist at the bridge? Uh...surely it was raining when my avatar, Tim the Enchanter, lead them to the Killer Rabbit!

Archived