Sign in to follow this  
Hoosier

Early January Major/Potential Record Cold

Weird...high of -13F on Monday...  low of -20F ...  strange that even with possible clouds we drop that low.  

Does seem strange.  Will be interesting.  GFS not quite as impressive as other models at this point..

Does seem strange.  Will be interesting.  GFS not quite as impressive as other models at this point..

Euro has been so consistent...  Even has a nice little blob over Cyclone:

xdz5g1.jpg

Even the east coast looks like it gets blitzed with cold... strong return of south winds later on in the run...thank God this isn't hanging around.

Saints-

The NAEFS is normal with even some above avg building in the plains... good sign that maybe this cold is over for awhile.  Don't care to see the heating bills after this.

http://weather.gc.ca/ensemble/naefs/semaine2_combinee_e.html

Been horrible a horrible start to the heating season.  Prepaid quite a bit a my heating fuel this year. Already burned through most of it.  If the storm to our east can wind up more like the GGEM is showing some of the windchills on the ridge tops could be incredible on sunday night and Monday morning.

^  Nothing like 0% indoor humidity

Yeah...  I think that reading was wrong, or said the government...  Its all what your use to ...  -30F here is like 32F in Miami and so on... -30F here is a warm day in Tok :) 

If those winds are blowing, air should be mixed, so at least my brother up on the bluff won't be warmer then me, which always happens when we go calm in winter.  

00z Euro Ensembles probability of min below -10F

-20F

Gotta love it when a stiff southwesterly wind will be SEMI's best bet to get into the negative upper teens camp.

Omg...  bam!

Sicker then a dog the past few days...reason #1 i hate holidays.  Always bring something home.   

The wife and I are right with you... I guess there's some new virus that keeps regressing and coming back again, and I think we've had this for a while now.