Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh/Western Pa Weather

meatwad

This!

After hearing a lot of communities are telling people to stay home if it's ice cause they only enough salts to do bends and hills is scary. I'll gladly take all rain here especially since we have white stuff on the horizon.

Ice at this time could be a tragic mess.

It could be, and I would much rather have rain than ice.

That said, you are basically wish wishcasting at this points as the models have a long period of frozen precip.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If somehow we manage 3 inches before a change over I'll be happy. Still plenty of threats to come. Were well on our way to another 50 inch season. Believe we'll hit that in the next couple weeks. One decent storm after that and were creeping in on a 60 inches.

3" look very do able.

Hey peoples,  first post ever here although ive been reading post for years ,,,,on this website and feel I know a lot of you just by reading your past post on here, just wanted give my opinion on tonight's storm. These types of set ups are the most tricky to forecast and I think every scenario is still in play. It will all come down to where and when that low transfers, and we have a snowpack and night to help a little but if that low transfers earlier we wont need any help,,i too pray for no ice,,,nice to say hi to all of u for once.....god bless

Throwing my snow and ice maps for PA up for you guys. I expect Pittsburgh metro to manage at least 2 inches of snow before mixing. The major icing should reside in the Laurels and western MD mountains to the east. 

attachicon.gifSlide1.png

attachicon.gifSlide1.png

MAG-

Thanks so much for dropping in!! We really appreciate the pro's outlook in this thread too!! Thanks a ton!

Well so long snowpack, it was fun for all of the 24 hours we had you.  :violin:

Will be interesting to track the weekend storm.  It's odd we had so much agreement on it even several days ago, hopefully it is just a model bloop where the storm disappears.  If it comes back by 0Z Thursday, I'll be okay.

The latest point forecast for my neighborhood only has zr for about 3 hours. If this goes over to rain before the morning rush, we'll have lucked out. Sadly, waking up to an inch of slush isn't nearly as exciting as 6 of the white stuff, but I think it's preferable to a prolonged period of ice.

I think for Allegheny and south weenies like me should start to focus on the weekend storm.

The latest point forecast for my neighborhood only has zr for about 3 hours. If this goes over to rain before the morning rush, we'll have lucked out. Sadly, waking up to an inch of slush isn't nearly as exciting as 6 of the white stuff, but I think it's preferable to a prolonged period of ice.

I think for Allegheny and south weenies like me should start to focus on the weekend storm.

Point & Click is worthless

Archived