• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Mysterious Nashville Area snowfall this morning

BullCityWx

Something similar happened in upstate SC during the winter of 95-95' (think the year is correct); there was a very localized, heavy (4 in.+) snowfall over a tiny area, with no other precip present  If you live in the upstate and remember the exact specifics, feel free to chime in........

Something similar happened in upstate SC during the winter of 95-95' (think the year is correct); there was a very localized, heavy (4 in.+) snowfall over a tiny area, with no other precip present If you live in the upstate and remember the exact specifics, feel free to chime in........

If you're referring to the heavy burst of snow that Easley SC received just after New Years.

A very strong NW wind with extreme cold was pushing the snow into the west facing slopes of NC, but somehow a sliver pushed thru the valley into Upstate SC and dumped right on Easley. I swear the snow began and ended in the city limits, I know since I was driving back to Clemson for Spring Semester. Crazy stuff.

Something similar happened in upstate SC during the winter of 95-95' (think the year is correct); there was a very localized, heavy (4 in.+) snowfall over a tiny area, with no other precip present  If you live in the upstate and remember the exact specifics, feel free to chime in........

. I remember vaguely. It was during an arctic outbreak. I think it was Easley , SC that got the brunt of that 4 inches , and here , a few miles away, just a flurry or two . I think I remember the local weather guy saying it was lake effect from lake Hartwell , lol!

Upslope snow in East Tennessee, especially along the Plateau, doesn't show up that well on the radar either, sometimes it doesn't show up at all over a large part of the Plateau, Upslope tends to fall from lower in the atmosphere than other snow and when you get further from radar sites the radar tends not read the lower parts of the atmosphere as well.

Archived