joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 10-11 Storm Thread

Heisy

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 to 6 inches seems like a reasonable forecast at this time for the Trenton area... hopefully no screwy banding messes that up.

Agreed. I do think banding will result in a lot of areas seeing 1-3" while others see 4-8". Just have a feeling this might be a hit or miss event for many. I could see that band setting up along and just NW of I-95. There's still a lot of time to pinpoint where that band sets up. The next few NAM runs should be telling...

Any reason why my WFO in Mt Holly has no WWA issued yet? Not hating, just want to know.

Tough forecast. Perhaps they are weighing their options ie watch vs wwa. Personally I'd issue a watch to be safe and warn the public....can always downgrade. Most folks don't take a wwa too seriously and if banding sets up there could be 1-2" / hr rates for a time. Really rough call....I don't envy mt holly right now.

Tough forecast. Perhaps they are weighing their options ie watch vs wwa. Personally I'd issue a watch to be safe and warn the public....can always downgrade. Most dolks don't take a wwa too seriously and if banding sets up there coild be 1-2" / hr rates for a time. Really rough call....I don't envy mt holly right niw.

Decisions are made, see link

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/PHI/ZFPPHI

Spits out around .7" of qpf for SE PA. With some decent ratios during banding.....oh boy. Not saying its gonna happen, but looks like this might have the potential for some 6"+ lollis where the banding sets up. I like the trend.  :snowing:

Seems to be somewhat of a pattern this year.  In bad years, totals go down as you get closer to the storm.  In good years its the opposite.

Archived