wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
12/06 - 12/07 1st wave discussion

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2-3" for the north of I-80, east of I-287 and west of the GSP crew. 3-5" for the southern Sussex County though western Passaic County and northern Weschester County. 4-6"+ for Orange County and Sullivan County. Looking at the 4k, the surface freezing line gets to I-287 and sticks there.

Well the PHL NWS clearly doesn't believe this line of thinking for my area (Andover), point and click says:

Tonight:   Periods of rain and sleet before 3am, then a chance of sleet between 3am and 4am, then a chance of rain and snow after 4am. Low around 32. North wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Hoping they are wrong but 3-5" would be a huge bust on their part IMO.

Well the PHL NWS clearly doesn't believe this line of thinking for my area (Andover), point and click says:

Tonight:   Periods of rain and sleet before 3am, then a chance of sleet between 3am and 4am, then a chance of rain and snow after 4am. Low around 32. North wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Hoping they are wrong but 3-5" would be a huge bust on their part IMO.

you are confusing events. Yanksfan is talking about Sunday night.

Even down in the 30s (38 - 39 mostly) along the north shore of LI now.  That probably won't reflect on how much warmer air overhead is going to make it hard to get frozen before the end, but it is colder than expected at this point.

Cold air at low levels coming in a little quicker than progged...12z models generally had northern L.I. with 925mb temps of 4 C to 5 C at 7:00 PM...map had actual temp down to about 2 C @ 925 mb.

The 12z progs for 850 mb temps look pretty close to reality, though.

Archived