amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
12/06 - 12/07 1st wave discussion

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's such a narrow band tho.. That's traveling more east than northeast...resembles a line of thunderstorms really

What radar are you using? The NWS radar out of Virgina clearly shows steady precip from the WVA border to the Chesapeake Bay. Not all of that will come through but some of it will.

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?product=NCR&rid=lwx&loop=yes

What radar are you using? The NWS radar out of Virgina clearly shows steady precip from the WVA border to the Chesapeake Bay. Not all of that will come through but some of it will.

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?product=NCR&rid=lwx&loop=yes

I understand what that radar shows but are you watching the radar loop animated... All of that precip to the south is going to stay south the precip while flowing northeast is moving east a whole.. It's not coming at us in a northeast diagonal line.

The 4k NAM has it ending between 09 and 10z so 4 to 5 more hours to go. Going to call it a night, have to wake up early. Pouring rain, 37 degress outside. I can here some occasional pings on my window. Good luck to all for a bit of snow.

No pingers and I have been outside here in white plains its 35/33 been steady temp for hours

My forecast for the overnight from Upton..  Safe to say its needs to be updated

OvernightSnow before 4am, then a chance of freezing drizzle. Low around 29. North wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Archived