Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
12/06 - 12/07 1st wave discussion

UlsterCountySnowZ

My forecast for the overnight from Upton..  Safe to say its needs to be updated

OvernightSnow before 4am, then a chance of freezing drizzle. Low around 29. North wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

this is why the NAM shouldnt even be used

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Down to 35.1 here. Surface temps running about 2 degrees cooler than expected, but the upper levels are just a little too warm. Not even a ping of sleet. I was just hoping for a few mood flakes, but the precip is about to shut off in an hour or so. It's really hauling a$$ out of here. I feel bad for the NW crew. Hopefully the Sunday night event can at least whiten the ground briefly for a good chunk of the area. So far I'm not liking the trend of cold air, followed by rain/slop storms, then back to cold. Hopefully we get some help from the Atlantic from time to time this winter, or else I'd expect this trend to keep up for a good chunk of the winter.

Down to 35.1 here. Surface temps running about 2 degrees cooler than expected, but the upper levels are just a little too warm. Not even a ping of sleet. I was just hoping for a few mood flakes, but the precip is about to shut off in an hour or so. It's really hauling a$$ out of here. I feel bad for the NW crew. Hopefully the Sunday night event can at least whiten the ground briefly for a good chunk of the area. So far I'm not liking the trend of cold air, followed by rain/slop storms, then back to cold. Hopefully we get some help from the Atlantic from time to time this winter, or else I'd expect this trend to keep up for a good chunk of the winter.

your colder than me. my temps has been very slow to drop. only hint of anything were some splats(if u know what i mean) on the windshield under heavy echoes.

your colder than me. my temps has been very slow to drop. only hint of anything were some splats(if u know what i mean) on the windshield under heavy echoes.

Yup, very frustrating. Precip has shut off here after a total of 1.05" of rain. Down to 34.7. On the bright side, the GFS looks decent for the Tuesday event. It has 0.25-0.50" all snow from I-78 south in NJ and kissing Long Island. 0.10-0.25" north of there. A little bump north and maybe the area could see a nice 2-4" event. I'm interested to see what the Euro shows.

Archived