12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Obs/discussion snow/sleet/mess Friday/Friday night 12/6-7

famartin

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

c'mon people, where are you?  i know this sub-forum has been drawn down, but if the obs thread gets no posts in the first hour, maybe i'll pack up and leave

Don't do it!!

I can't contribute too much in the medium/long range thread but I can in the obs threads at least. Philly forum has woken up a little bit in the past 48 hours. 

Anyway, up here in Northern Berks I'm sitting around 43* steady for the past hour with a light rain starting. 

c'mon people, where are you?  i know this sub-forum has been drawn down, but if the obs thread gets no posts in the first hour, maybe i'll pack up and leave

This sub-forum is dead. Can't we go on with the merger with the NYC forum? Right now a lot of Philly folks are stuck between the Mid-Atlantic and NYC forums where there is little to no analysis of our area. I don't really see the point of keeping a dead forum open... :axe:  

Back on-topic, some sleet could make it down to I-95 but snow should be confined to areas near the LV... maybe into Bucks/Montgo.

It's gonna be tough for the snow to get down to Bucks/Montgo. I'm not expecting any flakes here in Collegeville. Seems that in these marginal setups the cold air doesn't catch up with the back end of the precip. Expecting some sleet though. Trends have looked good for the LV; I think the higher elevations are a lock for 1-3". I'm not too optimistic with this first wave. We shall see... OBS for Collegeville, PA: 45 degrees with light rain. 

FWIW, the CMC came in with a pretty nice burst of snow for a few hours for southeast PA. Looks like it's gonna be a thread the needle type scenario for snow accumulations. When the secondary takes over it shows the potential for some heavy icing for north and west of I-95, but that may be part of the CMC's thermal profiling bias, seems to go crazy on the icing a lot...

I_nw_g1_EST_2013120612_063.png

I_nw_g1_EST_2013120612_068.png

Archived