12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Obs/discussion snow/sleet/mess Friday/Friday night 12/6-7

famartin

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't worry about that line, it's already 30.5 here and already freezing rain accumulating.

850's are very close as well on skew-t's.      Shouldn't be longer than an hour or 2 longer...for all snow. (at-least here)

37.6 here. I'm only about 10 miles or less from Appalachian trail, but weather is a world apart at times!

Went from being Very optimistic about 5 hrs ago to; I'll be surprised If we get much Snow at all...Cold seems to have lost it's ooomph upstairs...I actually thought sleet up here to start and It's just starting to get close to Fr.Rain here...Temp. has actually been pogoing and not continuing down...Back edge of precip. flying up the Ohio Valley also... 

Went from being Very optimistic about 5 hrs ago to; I'll be surprised If we get much Snow at all...Cold seems to have lost it's ooomph upstairs...I actually thought sleet up here to start and It's just starting to get close to Fr.Rain here...Temp. has actually been pogoing and not continuing down...Back edge of precip. flying up the Ohio Valley also... 

Most forecast call for change over around 10 or 11 PM I suspect to snow.

These type of storms can go either way. 

I am actually working on a decent rain total for the day.

0.50 so far.

Yeah,Darkstar you're actually right on the nose as to what I Had been seeing and saying to my family and friends all week(change to Snow about 22:00 w/a  Mod/Hvy burst about 01:00 Sat )winding down by 04 or so......just thought it looked good for an overperformer...btw,over to Snow at Williamsport and now Fr.Rain at Scr/WB...also temp just popped down about 1/2 a dg. plus have some Sleet pellets mixed in... 

Yeah,Darkstar you're actually right on the nose as to what I Had been seeing and saying to my family and friends all week(change to Snow about 22:00 w/a  Mod/Hvy burst about 01:00 Sat )winding down by 04 or so......just thought it looked good for an overperformer...btw,over to Snow at Williamsport and now Fr.Rain at Scr/WB...also temp just popped down about 1/2 a dg. plus have some Sleet pellets mixed in... 

Impressive rain with the storm.

Temp has dropped to 33 F with moderate rain.

Storm total - 0.75 water

moving fast, cold wet windy rain, 34.7

Don't know if my weatherbug app is on the fritz or what but it says I've climbed back to 35* in upper Berks. Cold, wind driven rain. According to that radar it looks like when the change over happens we'll be mostly high and dry...

Archived