• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Move, ad, get out the way

cyclogent

I think we all understand that "free" websites depend on ad space to generate $$$ to keep the site up and running, and "free" to the general population...but could you work on placing the ads somewhere other than the sign-in button, lol. It took me a while but I was able to shrink the ad on my browser so that I could click on the sign-in button. I typically access this site using Internet Explorer, and while I rarely post, I do like the many features on the site that are only available if I sign in. Thanks

Just happened to me after a blue screen of death.  Work around, was try to enter chat, the error message has a log in link.

Sounds like you may have bigger issues than a browser one, but are you on a relatively earlier version of IE too?

I'm curious if anyone is having this problem with IE10 or IE11.

I've run it in different compatibility modes within the IE developer tool and can't seem to recreate this problem. Either you're in some kind of compatibility mode or some setting is throwing it off.  I'd suggest upgrading to IE10 or drop IE and get Chrome or Firefox.  My choice is the latter.

• 4 weeks later...

On mobile (iPad and Android phone) I have ads take me to the app store all the time without me actually clicking on them... perhaps it's accidental but it has happened so often that I'm not sure.  Also, the autoplaying video on the main /bb/ page?  Super annoying.  If you have to post a video, please don't enable auto-play.

On mobile (iPad and Android phone) I have ads take me to the app store all the time without me actually clicking on them... perhaps it's accidental but it has happened so often that I'm not sure.  Also, the autoplaying video on the main /bb/ page?  Super annoying.  If you have to post a video, please don't enable auto-play.

Same here. The popup ads are making me want to stop posting, they are on every page refresh.

Also, while others have mentioned it before, on iPad you are forced to use the mobile version to keep it from crashing the browser constantly.  Of course, the mobile setting is never remembered and I always have to scroll down the page to set it to mobile.  Could you guys either 1) get rid of the glitch that makes the full version of the page crash, or 2) make it so the page automatically loads the mobile skin for iPad?

Thanks, don't mean to sound whiny, in all other respects I love the site.  :)

Is there anyway to move them to somewhere else so that I can log in?

When I close the ad (clicking the "X") all it does is bring up a google "ad muted" nonsense bar.  I "undo" that and I am back where I was - just a cycle where that bar never gets out of the way. 

edit: I was able to log in on another machine which is why I can type this entry.

Archived