joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Second Half of October Wx Discussion?

CT Rain

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like seeing the PV disturbed and not a concentrated gyre near Siberia. I do worry it may try to consolidate and throw a wrench into things in November, but it's possible that does not happen. It's sort of a three lobe PV systems modeled with branches in Eurasia, Aleutians, and SE Canada.

I like seeing the PV disturbed and not a concentrated gyre near Siberia. I do worry it may try to consolidate and throw a wrench into things in November, but it's possible that does not happen. It's sort of a three lobe PV systems modeled with branches in Eurasia, Aleutians, and SE Canada.

I've been hearing that too. Would MJO stuff influence it?

Note to BOS OCMs. It's probably a good idea to look at satellite and model soundings before telling everyone what a beautiful day it will be. Currently overcast.

I'm still waiting for my beautiful 3 day weekend that I heard on the radio Friday morning. 53.5 and OVC at noon.

I'm still waiting for my beautiful 3 day weekend that I heard on the radio Friday morning. 53.5 and OVC at noon.

I got up this morning and saw sct clouds figuring it was going to be ok. Looked at 950mb and saw it was still moist with another lobe moving west. Then saw satellite about the time Ryan commented on it and thought.....shiat. Hopefully it breaks up later on as drier air does try to move in. Rockport MA FTW today.

It's hard enough to get 2 consecutive below normal months lately...nevermind 5. Save the cold for when it counts.

Exactly.  Above normal temperatures are handed out like candy by mother nature over the past decade, while below normal months are something to cherish, not waste in Sept/Oct.

Plus, I know it hasn't been the same down south, but to me there's nothing more fall-like than waking up to daily frosts.  You know when you are running late to work and realize you need to scrape the windshield... the warm afternoons are just a bonus, but the frosty mornings are about as "fall feeling" as it gets.

Nothing close to frosty here. Just cool days and mild nights lately. Should change tonight in the burbs though.

lol, amazing how different it can be.  That's like the opposite of this area of New England lately...high pressure and cold nights/mild days.

There is something fall-like about cloudy days though... but we'll get enough of those in November.

Archived